whats your wildest time at isu?

dcxme1183

Jan 31, 2010
Minneapolis
I went to ISU during the Fizer/Tinsley years so there was a lot to celebrate, but probably the wildest was when we finally beat Iowa in football after the decade plus not to be named. Even though the game was in Iowa City, Ames just exploded. And the Ames PD did a great job of letting people party as long as they were safe without cracking down too much. Totally avoided a riot. I remember being in the bed of a pickup with a tapped keg and the police just made sure the driver wasn't drinking and sent us on our way.

Not saying idiocy of students wasn't also to blame but I don't think we'd ever have seen VEISHEA cancelled if the PD had learned from that particular day. Cracking down hard only seems to exacerbate things. That day they just kept things under control without going overboard.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Outlaws has an awesome set up for a college bar. I used to go there every Friday night for $4 pitchers.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Thumbs is the most awkward bar on campus, however the gin specials are great.

Thumbs is only awkward for people like you.

Wildest times at ISU = the year I lived at 103 S. Hyland. It was pretty much one rolling ball of debauchery in what was probably the most run down house in Campustown. Among the less illegal things to go down there were the drunken shopping cart races from the stop light down to Arbor St.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I think that is the same night I got called a **** for calling a girl "hawkeye trash", "iowa trash" etc....

Walked around campustown that night with my buddy saying "**** the hawkeyes" to every person we passed by. Then proceeded to lock myself out of my apartment and sleep in the hallway

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CyBer

Wildest times at ISU = the year I lived at 103 S. Hyland. It was pretty much one rolling ball of debauchery in what was probably the most run down house in Campustown. Among the less illegal things to go down there were the drunken shopping cart races from the stop light down to Arbor St.

Do you have to try to start **** in every thread thus making it a horrible thread?

*waits for you already ruined it when you posted in it comment.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think that is the same night I got called a **** for calling a girl "hawkeye trash", "iowa trash" etc....

A buddy of mine was pretty trashed the night before the Iowa game last year, and at some point, some Tavern Hawkette starts trash talking to him, and he looks right at her and screams "SOMEDAY YOU'RE GONNA PUMP MY GAS, *****!"

I think she started crying and ran off.

Last edited by a moderator:

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Do you have to try to start **** in every thread thus making it a horrible thread?

*waits for you already ruined it when you posted in it comment.

It wouldn't be "starting ****" if you would let things go instead of making more ******* comments. However, he's right with what he said. Thumbs is only awkward for people like you. The house I spent a majority of my time in was just off of Wilmoth. Thumbs is a good pub.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

I lived on Wood St one year and partied at some S. Hyland house a few times. Good times. I remember seeing your red tailgating van (I think that was you, that you used to have in your avatar) a lot when I was there.

C

CyBer

It wouldn't be "starting ****" if you would let things go instead of making more ******* comments. However, he's right with what he said. Thumbs is only awkward for people like you. The house I spent a majority of my time in was just off of Wilmoth. Thumbs is a good pub.

Nah thumbs is awkward for everyone, unless you are a townie. But that is what makes it thumbs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron