What do you think of Caitlin Clark?

What is your perspective about Caitlin Clark?

• Team Steph. I am at least somewhat supportive of her because she is so good for women's sports.

Votes: 128 33.7%
  • Team Alisa. I don't care about Caitlin Clark because she is a Hokeye.

Votes: 232 61.1%
  • Team Steph/Alisa. Please explain how you reconcile these two apparently mutually exclusive options.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Her big NIL deal is with Hy-Vee, right? Just curious because I don't think I've ever seen one Hy-Vee commercial with her in it. Maybe its more prevalent on the Easern side of the state, but you would think they would be putting her in every other commercial with the rumored amount she is getting.

Reactions: AlCyJim

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Her big NIL deal is with Hy-Vee, right? Just curious because I don't think I've ever seen one Hy-Vee commercial with her in it. Maybe its more prevalent on the Easern side of the state, but you would think they would be putting her in every other commercial with the rumored amount she is getting.
I'm going to have fun with the first cardboard cutout of her I see at Hy-Vee!:eek:

Note to self: remember to take the big black magic marker with me next trip to Hy-Vee!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I just don't like her and am sick of hearing about her. You don't hear about anyone else on the team.

I mean no ****. She's one of the best talents in the game right now, and even if she weren't you almost always hear a ton more about the most talented player and leader on a team.

Reactions: tm3308

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
An amazing shooter, a great passer. Beyond that it's whatever in my eyes. The ******** about every single call or thing that goes against Iowa is annoying (hate to break it to any player but you don't play a 100% clean game no matter what you think). Should be dinged for an offensive push off the very first possession she has when she drives every game.

Reactions: VeloClone and 4cy16

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I totally agree, but I think he is trying to sell the fanbase on being more patient with Fran because of what has happened with Bluder.

It’s a hard comparison because Fran already struck gold with a npoty and inherited two all American legacy players with very little to show.

Is the argument really “Fran just needs to get his Caitlyn Clark” when he just had three all Americans?

It took a while but Bluder found a way to capitalize on what she has in CC. To me comparing that to Fran is a reason to cut him loose.

Reactions: cyfanster

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The ******** about every single call or thing that goes against Iowa is annoying

This is hardly unique to Iowa\Clark. The thing about this is though, if it works, is it an athletes fault? Or are they just 'playing the game' and working the refs a bit (just like coaches do!). Blame the refs for responding to it.

• Dumb
Reactions: clonebb

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I thought so. She's a hell of a player. Not sure I've seen a college basketball player(men or women) dominate like her in a while. She is carrying that team.

When she had her 40 point triple double in late tourney round I instantly wondered if it had been done in mens and womens game then I saw a story about it and I was correct, unprecedented.

A 40 pt triple double is even incredibly rare in nba playoffs with 8 more minutes of play.

Reactions: cyfanster

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Did you read this after you posted and realize how the bolded could also be construed?
I did read it after I wrote it and thought about how it sounded. Then I thought, I'll just leave it for the ones on here that would misconstrue it! Give em a thrill visualizing what I would do to a cardboard cutout of her! LOL. YUK!

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I did read it after I wrote it and thought about how it sounded. Then I thought, I'll just leave it for the ones on here that would misconstrue it! Give em a thrill visualizing what I would do to a cardboard cutout of her! LOL. YUK!
Better than a Mulkey cutout and get glitter all over your junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.