We Are the Champions!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You seem like a real *******. If you don't want to claim it fine, but we have the best record playing every team. If some of us want to call that the regular season champion, who the hell cares?

Just my opinion, just cheapens the accomplishment. It’s kind of like when we claimed to be big 12 north champions when we didn’t actually win the division and didn’t play in the title game in 2005. I thought that was dumb then and I think this is dumb now. Sorry.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Plus it's major upgrade to PLAYSTATION Fiesta Bowl from Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

I'm so surrounded by hippie healthfood stores I don't know if Tostitos are even still a thing.
Where live?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I am not sure how to address this regular season championship question.

It's not like we have a lot of practice here.

I think we take this year to sort it out. Next year we'll have more practice.

Only Hok fans will take issue with it and then they won't have a response when asked how many CCG's they've won to make their conference titles real.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I just called a couple of hok buddies, not to gloat, but to say I never thought this would ever happen for us. They were complimentary and couldn't dispute the fact that we are the regular season champions of the Big 12. No asterisks were needed. No "well this is a weird season." We didn't back into this. We won it outright. I was at ISU in the days of Earle Bruce and throwing oranges onto the field after every touchdown. Honestly, this is humbling and we should be thankful for our good fortune.
Yeah they're not all bad! LOL

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Just my opinion, just cheapens the accomplishment. It’s kind of like when we claimed to be big 12 north champions when we didn’t actually win the division and didn’t play in the title game in 2005. I thought that was dumb then and I think this is dumb now. Sorry.

Blame the Big 12 for sending a trophy to the co-division champs.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Since the Big 12 added the champ game, please find me the list of Big 12 regular season champions on the Big 12 website. I can’t seem to locate it.

Well you can be the Debby Downer on this but you can bet your sweet A$$ I'll be buying the T-Shirt, Sweatshirt, hat and any other clothing that might or might not be viewable in public and will wear that **** proud as a peacock. I've been a Cyclone fan for to long not the enjoy the hell out of this. Just sayin

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
There is no doubt that “winning” the Big 12 regular season is more legit than probably any conference, but please remember we play unbalanced home/away schedules (some 4 home games, others 5 games) and it is not like Big 12 basketball where it is a home and home round robin. Settling it on a neutral field between #1 and #2 is perfectly fine.

Let’s take it to the Sooners a second time and take home the trophy.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
1. Don't try to make us believe you are part of any Cyclone WE, old Dognuts.
2. Iowa has yet to get a win over a team with even a .500 record. The Hawks suck and so do you. IF my team's wins were over teams with a collective 10-20 record, I sure as hell wouldn't be hopping on a rival's board telling them what championships they can claim. Go to hell. **** off. Do not Pass go. Do not collect $200.
And so tell us how you really feel! LOL.

Btw, I agreed with your comments.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Man, how many years do we go into the season trying to figure out where we can get 3 or 4 (if the IA game is unattainable) conference wins to squeak into a low tier bowl game? At my peak optimism I never thought 8 conference wins could be accomplished.

I love the shift in mindset. We haven’t won it yet. We play for it in 2 weeks.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There is no doubt that “winning” the Big 12 regular season is more legit than probably any conference, but please remember we play unbalanced home/away schedules (some 4 home games, others 5 games) and it is not like Big 12 basketball where it is a home and home round robin. Settling it on a neutral field between #1 and #2 is perfectly fine.

Let’s take it to the Sooners a second time and take home the trophy.

Yeah but back in the old big 12 ISU won regular season titles with an irregular conference schedule between the north/south divisions.

And conferences like the B1G were awarding teams as football champions who didn't even play teams for a couple of years.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio

What is going on! A very old midwestern hick is posting songs like this in prep for the Championship game! I think this is a great football pump us up song!!!!!!!! I will say the lyrics are not nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Well you can be the Debby Downer on this but you can bet your sweet A$$ I'll be buying the T-Shirt, Sweatshirt, hat and any other clothing that might or might not be viewable in public and will wear that **** proud as a peacock. I've been a Cyclone fan for to long not the enjoy the hell out of this. Just sayin

Why do people think I’m not enjoying this? I was at the game today with my son who really has no distinct memories of Iowa State football before Campbell. He’s ten. It was a true joy. I’ll be at the championship game in Dallas. I can’t wait.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Since the Big 12 added the champ game, please find me the list of Big 12 regular season champions on the Big 12 website. I can’t seem to locate it.
You seem like a real *******. If you don't want to claim it fine, but we have the best record playing every team. If some of us want to call that the regular season champion, who the hell cares?
Ahh, Time-out fellow Cyclones? Don't make me take one of your toys away.

jsb, I agree with you on this one. Don't worry about it. He (they) are just tryint to get your gander up. Let It Go!

• Haha
Reactions: Aclone

livinthedream

Feb 4, 2008
Elk River Mn
I never though we would see this kind of success either. 5-4 or 6-3 would be a high water mark.

My dad passed in 2011. He double majored at ISU in the late 50's and graduated with degrees in Civil and Chemical engineering. He was a HUGE ISU fan his entire life. He would have been so jacked if he were still around.
He's jacked. Just know!

Help Support Us

Become a patron