We Are the Champions!

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I went to my first Iowa State football game in 1975. It was their first game at the current stadium, and I was 10 years old. ISU beat the Air Force that day 17-12. The AF kicker made a 62 yard FG, which stood as a NCAA record for years.

I remember the Duncan, Criner, Walden, and Chizek well and would be lying to you if I ever thought it was remotely possible for Iowa State to win a conference championship in football. I just didn’t think they would ever have the talent to make that possible. However, CMC has proven that while getting talented players is important, as his team has some very talented players, having a strong culture and being mentally strong is even more important. The whole season still seems surreal to me. What CMC and his players have accomplished this year is nothing short of remarkable, IMO, and I have never been prouder in my life to be a Cyclone fan.

Last edited:

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
If we don't win in 2 weeks people will still say we haven't won or shared a title of any kind since 1912? It's funny how it wasn't all that long ago that the Big XII was one of a few that had a CCG, then they were one of a few that didn't have a CCG. Now we can't claim a reg season title like any other sport. Makes sense.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Because in a round robin schedule, we had the best record. We beat the second best team.

And I realize that we don't get a trophy, but there is nothing wrong with us claiming this.

IMO it’s pre-Campbell thinking. I guarantee you Matt Campbell will never utter the words “Big 12 regular season champions”.

Nothing “wrong” with it per se but I think Campbell is enough of a competitor to find it almost offensive. It is little brother crap.

This is a fantastic day for Iowa State. It can be historic without making up things that don’t exist.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
When the Big 12 announced the round robin, how many of us thought 8-1 was ever possible?

I was hoping for 8 wins total non con and conference combined. That would have been a banner yr.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
We have not won the conference. Wtf is going on here
1. Don't try to make us believe you are part of any Cyclone WE, old Dognuts.
2. Iowa has yet to get a win over a team with even a .500 record. The Hawks suck and so do you. IF my team's wins were over teams with a collective 10-20 record, I sure as hell wouldn't be hopping on a rival's board telling them what championships they can claim. Go to hell. **** off. Do not Pass go. Do not collect $200.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
IMO it’s pre-Campbell thinking. I guarantee you Matt Campbell will never utter the words “Big 12 regular season champions”.

Nothing “wrong” with it per se but I think Campbell is enough of a competitor to find it almost offensive. It is little brother crap.

This is a fantastic day for Iowa State. It can be historic without making up things that don’t exist.

Who cares? Of course he won't claim it. Doesn't make it any less true or doesn't mean fans can't say it.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Since the Big 12 added the champ game, please find me the list of Big 12 regular season champions on the Big 12 website. I can’t seem to locate it.

You seem like a real *******. If you don't want to claim it fine, but we have the best record playing every team. If some of us want to call that the regular season champion, who the hell cares?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
1. Don't try to make us believe you are part of any Cyclone WE, old Dognuts.
2. Iowa has yet to get a win over a team with even a .500 record. The Hawks suck and so do you. IF my team's wins were over teams with a collective 10-20 record, I sure as hell wouldn't be hopping on a rival's board telling them what championships they can claim. Go to hell. **** off. Do not Pass go. Do not collect $200.

Hoks have also never won a B1G Conference Championship Game so throw out their 80's 'dominance'.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron