Was just a shooting in WDM...linked to rapist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Actually, for the crimes of rape, and home invasion, I believe the "justice system" is insufficient.

But there is not really a good system for dealing with those. Both are such a personal impact issue, where if the bad guy goes to trial, his lawyer puts the victims on trial, and they get victimized twice. To complicate it more, it is also often a subjective crime.

And again, but, what else can we do? I'm a big fan of self-defense, but not a big fan of mob justice or vigilantism. And there is a difference.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Since when does "person of interest" equate to "definitely guilty"?
Good lord, I hope you don't all own torches and pitchforks.

Pulling a weapon is certainly suspicious, and I won't fault the officers for shooting (and killing) the guy, but assuming he was guilty of a crime worthy of the death penalty just because he was a "person of interest" is a pretty huge leap.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
That is the most absurd thought and opinion one can make. You are truly a wimp.

I don't know at whom this is directed, but we don't allow name calling or personal attacks on CF. Thank you.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Another nice reason for him to be dead...

They can now extract his DNA and don't need a consent to do it.

Seeing how they have DNA from previous crimes, they can hopefully just match it up, close the book on the case and bury this waste of space.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Since when does "person of interest" equate to "definitely guilty"?
Good lord, I hope you don't all own torches and pitchforks.

Pulling a weapon is certainly suspicious, and I won't fault the officers for shooting (and killing) the guy, but assuming he was guilty of a crime worthy of the death penalty just because he was a "person of interest" is a pretty huge leap.

I qualify everything I have said with if he is the rapist. And I stand by those comments.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Come on, man, don't cheapen it.

Okay, okay, the illusion is more important than the reality, I get it.

I just saw a British movie where a really hot woman keeps going around and ruining mens' lives by seducing them, convincing them to do drugs and commit crimes.

That just started me thinking: Is Angie CF's "Sister Carrie?"

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Okay, okay, the illusion is more important than the reality, I get it.

I just saw a British movie where a really hot woman keeps going around and ruining mens' lives by seducing them, convincing them to do drugs and commit crimes.

That just started me thinking: Is Angie CF's "Sister Carrie?"
I'd probably smoke a J and steal some candy if it gave me a shot.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I qualify everything I have said with if he is the rapist. And I stand by those comments.
And that's a determination (well before he died, at any rate) of the criminal justice system, not a bunch of people drawing conclusions from a 50 word article that implies not even a scintilla of evidence that he was guilty of anything other than allegedly brandishing a weapon when questioned by police about a crime that he may or may not have had knowledge about.

That's a far cry from being guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt by a jury of his peers, and then sentenced according to the guidelines for the crimes which he might theoretically have been found guilty of.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It's an internet message board. Much of what is discussed here, sports or otherwise, is based on assumptions.

We're not trying to rewrite the law books here. No one is putting the guy on trial. It's simply, people assuming he is the rapist and glad he's dead.

Count me in.

Even if he is not the rapist, the police likely acted how they should when someone pulls a gun out. Again, assuming that part of the article is correct (I guess we gotta put a disclaimer on everything now).

Status
Not open for further replies.