Was just a shooting in WDM...linked to rapist

Status
Not open for further replies.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
That's a far cry from being guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt by a jury of his peers, and then sentenced according to the guidelines for the crimes which he might theoretically have been found guilty of.

Sounds like a moot point to me...

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
You pull a gun on cops, you will probably die. Doesn't much matter what you're guilty of beyond that - the cops had just cause.

Although if he's somehow proven to be the rapist, it makes it a bit more righteous. :p

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Not to stick up for the guy, but he only sexually assaulted two people. He assaulted 6, but only 2 of them were sexual assault.

And had those other 4 not fought him off or whatever, the count would be 6.

2 official rapes. 4 other assaults with intent to rape.

Now dead, one less completely worthless mammal no longer taking up space and hurting people.

Good.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
And had those other 4 not fought him off or whatever, the count would be 6.

2 official rapes. 4 other assaults with intent to rape.

Now dead, one less completely worthless mammal no longer taking up space and hurting people.

Good.

Again, not sticking up for him. I'm glad the piece of **** will be off the streets, and at the same time wont be wasting tax dollars to be kept off the street.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
And that's a determination (well before he died, at any rate) of the criminal justice system, not a bunch of people drawing conclusions from a 50 word article that implies not even a scintilla of evidence that he was guilty of anything other than allegedly brandishing a weapon when questioned by police about a crime that he may or may not have had knowledge about.

That's a far cry from being guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt by a jury of his peers, and then sentenced according to the guidelines for the crimes which he might theoretically have been found guilty of.
Claiming a man has not been proven of any wrongdoing other than brandishing a gun is a flawed argument....it doesn't matter what your previous experiences have been, if you threaten the law, you're going to get it and deservedly so. End of discussion. Its obvious what you're trying to say....yes he deserves his day in court in front of the judge, but he took that scenario out of the equation when he drew a weapon on a lawman. Thats all there is to it man.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
As stated earlier

a) Hopefully this is the guy and it's a clean incident for the WDM PD

b) Good riddence mother ******.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Claiming a man has not been proven of any wrongdoing other than brandishing a gun is a flawed argument....it doesn't matter what your previous experiences have been, if you threaten the law, you're going to get it and deservedly so. End of discussion. Its obvious what you're trying to say....yes he deserves his day in court in front of the judge, but he took that scenario out of the equation when he drew a weapon on a lawman. Thats all there is to it man.

It's not a flawed argument. You've convicted him of a crime he hasn't been proven to have committed.
Pulling a gun on a cop is a stupid idea and he probably deserved what he got (though we don't have the details even on that yet...there are certainly cases of cops shooting people when it hasn't been justified in the past).

That being said, I guess jumping to conclusions is one of the things people around here do best, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Not to stick up for the guy, but he only sexually assaulted two people.

I understand where you're coming from but I would bet the two rape victims would have a little to say about that.

I'm glad they smoked him, but I'll be keeping my Louisville slugger next to the bed just in case it wasn't him. Slimeballs like that who do to people what this POS has done deserve slow painfull death in my opinion.

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
Since when does "person of interest" equate to "definitely guilty"?
Good lord, I hope you don't all own torches and pitchforks.

Pulling a weapon is certainly suspicious, and I won't fault the officers for shooting (and killing) the guy, but assuming he was guilty of a crime worthy of the death penalty just because he was a "person of interest" is a pretty huge leap.

Well he was obv guilty of something if he had to pull a gun on a police officer...anyone not guilty of something and someone that has nothing to hide would not pull a gun on an officer.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Well he was obv guilty of something if he had to pull a gun on a police officer...anyone not guilty of something and someone that has nothing to hide would not pull a gun on an officer.
Unless he was, say, mentally ill. Or a freaky crazy conspiracy theorist/guy who was convinced that Obama was coming to take his guns away.

Edit: or the cops busted into his place and he didn't know what was going on....

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

There are TONS of cases where someone has pulled something out of their pocket that is mistaken for a gun by the cops, that the cops lied to cover up a mistake, etc., etc. I'm not saying at ALL that this is what happened here (I truly don't think it is), but it's been known to happen. All he's saying is that this isn't something about which anyone on here can say, "Case closed, he's 100% the guy," or "I'm confident this was concluded perfectly." Stuff happens.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
You can find the name of the owner of this residence in about 10 seconds... That doesn't mean that is the person shot... and until the DNA tests it doesn't mean that this is the guy...

This will be a story that takes some time to unravel I think.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
It's not a flawed argument. You've convicted him of a crime he hasn't been proven to have committed.
Pulling a gun on a cop is a stupid idea and he probably deserved what he got (though we don't have the details even on that yet...there are certainly cases of cops shooting people when it hasn't been justified in the past).

That being said, I guess jumping to conclusions is one of the things people around here do best, so I really shouldn't be surprised.
I never convicted him of anything...the point is once he pulled a gun on a cop who was questioning him it doesn't matter what you think, what I think, what the judge would have thought. Its all a mute point once he does that....and he got what he deserved. Now, if the cops shot him before he pulled a weapon or pulled some story out of thin air because they wanted an excuse to shoot him.....then I would agree with you, and they jumped to conclusions. But being I have no immediate knowledge of the situation, I'm siding with the cops on this one.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I think you are missing the point that most are making......that is:

1. I hope it was the guy.

2. Assuming it was the guy, then he got what he deserved.

If it wasn't him, it would be a completely different ballgame, but that should be proven one way or the other by DNA.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Unless he was, say, mentally ill. Or a freaky crazy conspiracy theorist/guy who was convinced that Obama was coming to take his guns away.

Edit: or the cops busted into his place and he didn't know what was going on....

Rapist, mentally ill, confused, whatever, all that does not matter the instant he pulled a gun on the cops.

The cops did the right thing to remove the threat, protecting themselves.

Anyone arguing otherwise, are the cops not supposed to protect themselves? No, mace, tazers, rubber bullets are not the way to deal with a suspect brandishing a firearm.

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny

There are TONS of cases where someone has pulled something out of their pocket that is mistaken for a gun by the cops, that the cops lied to cover up a mistake, etc., etc. I'm not saying at ALL that this is what happened here (I truly don't think it is), but it's been known to happen. All he's saying is that this isn't something about which anyone on here can say, "Case closed, he's 100% the guy," or "I'm confident this was concluded perfectly." Stuff happens.

Well the cops do announce when they enter the residence who they are so going for a gun is stupid....he knew what was going on, they tried to make contact with no response and he probably knew that they have been staking out his residence.

Also i am positive that they knew it was a gun and they obv would know for a fact now that it really was a gun! Anyone that is dumb enough to pull a weapon on a police officer takes the risk of being killed...honestly if ya do it, u deserve to be shot. I am hoping it is the man and am hoping they will prove it through DNA...but it will take some time, unlike on CSI.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

So now the police are supposed to determine the mental capacity of an individual brandishing a weapon too? Most of these instances take place in mere seconds, and decisions have to be made in a hurry. It is hard enough being a police officer already.

If this was the rapist, good, glad he is dead. Should save us money. If not, well, I guess we will find out.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
It does seems inappropriate to celebrate the death of anyone, even a criminal.

IMO people aren't inherently evil. If it turns out he was the perp, there is probably a good chance whatever happened to him in his life was equally as tragic as the crimes he committed.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I never convicted him of anything...the point is once he pulled a gun on a cop who was questioning him it doesn't matter what you think, what I think, what the judge would have thought. Its all a mute point once he does that....and he got what he deserved. Now, if the cops shot him before he pulled a weapon or pulled some story out of thin air because they wanted an excuse to shoot him.....then I would agree with you, and they jumped to conclusions. But being I have no immediate knowledge of the situation, I'm siding with the cops on this one.

It's not a "mute point" (sp). He's still not been convicted of being a rapist.

I think you are missing the point that most are making......that is:

1. I hope it was the guy.

2. Assuming it was the guy, then he got what he deserved.

If it wasn't him, it would be a completely different ballgame, but that should be proven one way or the other by DNA.

Assuming it was the guy, he did NOT get what he deserved, unless you're assuming that getting shot was what he deserved for pulling a gun (which we still dont' know the details of).

Last I knew, there wasn't a death penalty for the crimes that he MAY have been involved with /had knowledge of.

The guy hadn't even been charged with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron