Not open for further replies.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
He got what he had coming. I'm THRILLED and so is my wife. I'm going to guess you are the minority in your opinion on this matter.

That said, you are entitled to your opinion.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, too - I'm honestly not too concerned about if people agree with me or not. I respect your ideas, though. :smile:

This is how I look at it. If this person was just a "person of interest," it's not like anything is known to be certain at this point of his guilt. Too much of a gray area.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, too - I'm honestly not too concerned about if people agree with me or not. I respect your ideas, though. :smile:

This is how I look at it. If this person was just a "person of interest," it's not like anything is known to be certain at this point of his guilt. Too much of a gray area.

They got their man. The "person of interest" is just being politically correct for the time being. It's over....I'm confident in that.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Moral of the story?

Don't sexually assault people.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

I agree w/your views on the death penalty, but I think if this guy drew his gun when the cops came, he wasn't exactly innocent... The cops responded the only way they really could and should have. If this "person of interest" wasn't highly involved w/what was going on, then why would they have pulled that gun? Doesn't make sense to me that someone who was totally innocent would react that way.

Reactions: bufante

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I agree w/your views on the death penalty, but I think if this guy drew his gun when the cops came, he wasn't exactly innocent... The cops responded the only way they really could and should have. If this "person of interest" wasn't highly involved w/what was going on, then why would they have pulled that gun? Doesn't make sense to me that someone who was totally innocent would react that way.

I agree. What else exactly should the police be doing when the guy pulls a gun?

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I don't want to turn this political with my opinions, but I just personally disagree - I'm not a fan of anyone getting killed, no matter how evil they are.
I'd rather he lived a lifetime and have men try to have sex with him somewhere very uncomfortable everyday, like in the back of a Volkswagon.

Reactions: Angie

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm glad you all believe so strongly in our justice system

A point I was going to address myself. I'm not sure who made the comment, but I got the impression that someone in this thread wants to completely get rid of trials. Someone might be guilty? Let's just kill 'em and save the taxpayers some money. Beautiful logic. :jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'd rather he lived a lifetime and have men try to have sex with him somewhere very uncomfortable everyday, like in the back of a Volkswagon.

This is why you're my favorite - my thoughts exactly. :wink:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

This one time, my cousin Walter got a cat stuck up his ***...

I digress. I too can only imagine what would have happened to this guy in prison... A more severe punishment than what he got, imo.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Getting killed or not, rapists never have an easy time in prison. They make a lot of "close" friends from other male inmates and then get beat/shanked to death. Sometimes that's a better (more ideal punishment, in my eyes) than getting shot by the police. But, either way, thank God he won't be raping anymore people.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
To be clear - I'm not faulting the cops at all. If they felt at all threatened they have the right to protect themselves. And, most importantly, this guy is off the street.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Getting killed or not, rapists never have an easy time in prison. They make a lot of "close" friends from other male inmates and then get beat/shanked to death. Sometimes that's a better (more ideal punishment, in my eyes) than getting shot by the police. But, either way, thank God he won't be raping anymore people.

This is a little bit of a weird thing to say, but is anyone else a little bit proud of the "normal" criminals who take care of the real sickos while in prison? Maybe proud isn't the right word, but they have their own version of justice for the child molesters, rapists, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.