Tony Stewart may have hit/ran over someone

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
Just like when a pedestrian gets hit on 610 or Beltway 8 down here. The first question everyone in the world ask is wtf are you doing out of the car?! Don't get out of the car.

drivers get out of their race cars All the Time!

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
drivers get out of their race cars All the Time!
So what is your point? It's the same thing as jumping off a bridge into a river.... 1000 of kids have done it before, but 1 kid does it and breaks his back. Shouldn't do it.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Alright, the whole "it was dark" idea needs to end. The guys were going 2x as fast just a few laps before. If it was too dark to see a person on a yellow flag, it was to dark to be racing in the first place, period.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Alright, the whole "it was dark" idea needs to end. The guys were going 2x as fast just a few laps before. If it was too dark to see a person on a yellow flag, it was to dark to be racing in the first place, period.
It was dark.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Just my thoughts - in real life, if I get in a minor argument with someone, they text someone saying we got in an argument, and then 5 minutes later I accidentally run over them because they jumped out in front of my car, it's going to be very hard to tell the cops there was no intent, they ran out in front of me, especially when they have someone else telling them that the person I killed and I were in an argument a few minutes before.

I feel like that's the same case here. You can't prove he did it with intent. But you also can't prove he did it without intent. Was he going to just try and scare him? Did he really NEVER see him the ENTIRE time the kid was outside of his car?

Do they not have spotters in sprint racing? Honest question, I don't know.

A while back, some guy was driving down our street throwing beer bottles out his window. My dad stepped into the street to try and stop the guy and make him pick them up. Multiple people from our neighborhood did the same thing and the guy just speed past them. However, for some reason, the guy decided to speed up, swerve to the side of the road, hit my dad, and ran. Luckily, my dad escaped with just a few bruises. In the end, the guy (who was a University of Iowa student) only got charged with leaving the scene of an accident, since my dad was intentionally in the road. Even though there were 5 witnesses to say exactly what happened, police said my dad was partially at fault according to the law.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
What would be really nice is to get another video where it doesn't follow the 45 car and jerk back at the last moment. I want to see where tony was going into turn 1

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
From seeing what some of the eyewitnesses have said, saying he was driving towards him and hit the throttle, and then swerved, this was my initial reaction.

When you get a caution. The first thing in your mind is. There will be people on the track, So watch out for them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm not even saying he needs to go to jail. I'm saying Nascar needs to ban him from racing for awhile to try and stop his hot headedness.

Can't be done. Young hotheads become middle-aged hotheads and finally end up as geriatric hotheads yelling a caregivers in nursing homes.

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
So what is your point? It's the same thing as jumping off a bridge into a river.... 1000 of kids have done it before, but 1 kid does it and breaks his back. Shouldn't do it.

Every race car driver knows exactly what happened here. You don't pee into the wind, you don't mess with Tony.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
When you get a caution. The first thing in your mind is. There will be people on the track, So watch out for them.
that's true... but maybe the 2nd though was okay we have gone around a full caution lap already no one is out there lets check the car over. Hell even the 45 car almost hit him.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Tony Stewarts car was black. So using everyones it was dark logic, the kid could've gotten out of the way, he just didn't see the car.
Might be true, but he probably should have just not been on the track in the first place.