Tony Stewart may have hit/ran over someone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
they're also saying Ward had enough weed in his system to impair judgement. Might make the civil lawsuit a bit more difficult. Clearly this guy wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
they're also saying Ward had enough weed in his system to impair judgement. Might make the civil lawsuit a bit more difficult. Clearly this guy wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch.

what's sad is that our society thinks it's okay to sue anyone for anything. lawyers looking for things to sue over instead of doing what's right... what a shame

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Wonder if they tested Smoke for weed also...

Considering NASCAR currently does random drugs screenings on drivers every weekend and Tony has never failed and was supposed to be racing 16 hours after the accident happened, I'm going to call that a non-issue.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

can't speak from experience but weed and racing don't seem like a great mix.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
"There is toxicology evidence in the case related to Kevin Ward, that actually indicated at the time of operation that he was under the influence of marijuana," Tantillo said. "There was no toxicology work performed on Tony Stewart, however a certified drug recognition expert had interviewed him on the night of the collision and determined that he found no basis to observe any alcohol consumption or impairment by drugs."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasca...jury-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-190047656.html

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

So what was their first clue? The Doritos and Funyuns bags littering his sprint car?

Too soon?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Good luck to them on the civil case. It is going to cost the family a whole lot of money to prove Tony was in the wrong when is seems their son did so many things wrong on that night. That and Tony has a lot more money than the Ward family, to prove his side of the story.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Good luck to them on the civil case. It is going to cost the family a whole lot of money to prove Tony was in the wrong when is seems their son did so many things wrong on that night. That and Tony has a lot more money than the Ward family, to prove his side of the story.

I suspect Tony will pay them out of court and not fight it as hard as some would, because he feels terrible about the whole thing. Though after reading the statement they released in addition to their other ill-advised statements, I wouldn't give them a penny.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I suspect Tony will pay them out of court and not fight it as hard as some would, because he feels terrible about the whole thing. Though after reading the statement they released in addition to their other ill-advised statements, I wouldn't give them a penny.

I was pretty amazed at Ward's mom's comments from yesterday. Basically still saying Tony intentionally hit her son and it's all his fault he is dead. Nevermind Ward's actions and the fact that he was high at the time...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
can't speak from experience but weed and racing don't seem like a great mix.

I have been thinking about this. While I wouldn't advocate racing high, auto racing is a sport all about living on the ragged edge and how close to that edge you can stay without going over. I could understand how someone might use grass to calm themselves down so they could operate on that edge.

That said, I don't think I would want to race against someone who had been tokin it up.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I was pretty amazed at Ward's mom's comments from yesterday. Basically still saying Tony intentionally hit her son and it's all his fault he is dead. Nevermind Ward's actions and the fact that he was high at the time...
I'm sure she has to keep saying that with the inevitable lawsuit that will be coming, still stupid though because her son played such a huge role in his own death. Their statement just glosses over the fact that he got out of his car and walked onto an active race track like it was no big deal.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I have been thinking about this. While I wouldn't advocate racing high, auto racing is a sport all about living on the ragged edge and how close to that edge you can stay without going over. I could understand how someone might use grass to calm themselves down so they could operate on that edge.

That said, I don't think I would want to race against someone who had been tokin it up.

Yes - but how well can you "operate". A lot of reaction and reflex.

Anyway - not entirely sure why, but this discussion got me thinking about this clip from Robin Williams (language nsfw)

<a href="http://youtu.be/DLTYwDTxxCw" target="_blank">[video=youtube_share;DLTYwDTxxCw]http://youtu.be/DLTYwDTxxCw[/video]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron