Tony Stewart may have hit/ran over someone

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
I can see his comments to the media "it was just one of those racin' deals" right Tony? He's ****ing disgusting. He's been a hothead for years, and it was just what NASCAR wanted. Good luck cleaning up the PR mess from this.

I haven't watched the video, and I won't...ever...the articles are clear that Tony goosed it as he approached the kid and he broke loose. Tony's driven a sprint car often enough to know exactly what would happen.

I have driven race cars. In my own mind I am sure Tony was trying to show the kid who the boss was. But of course he did not mean to kill him, just wanted to give him a scare.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Maybe don't get out of your car in the middle of a race and run down into a car's path?

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Stewart needs to be banned from all racing for the rest of this season and all of next season.

The kid is definitely at fault at this for getting in the way. But when under yellow, there's no way Stewart hadn't seen him at all the entire time he was out of his car.[/QUOTE]

No way that he didn't see a guy dressed in all black at poorly lit part of the track with a car in front of him, possibly blocking his view? No way?

Come on.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Just my thoughts - in real life, if I get in a minor argument with someone, they text someone saying we got in an argument, and then 5 minutes later I accidentally run over them because they jumped out in front of my car, it's going to be very hard to tell the cops there was no intent, they ran out in front of me, especially when they have someone else telling them that the person I killed and I were in an argument a few minutes before.

I feel like that's the same case here. You can't prove he did it with intent. But you also can't prove he did it without intent. Was he going to just try and scare him? Did he really NEVER see him the ENTIRE time the kid was outside of his car?

Do they not have spotters in sprint racing? Honest question, I don't know.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
What one of those posters. You want him banned for this and next year? It's a very sad, sad thing that happened. Lots of unconclusives so far and will probably always will be.

Well, it's the fact that we have hot heads like Tony Stewart who run over people, intentionally cause accidents like he did last year at this same place, and consistently gets away with his behavior.

Then we see guys like Denny Hamlin, who says he doesn't like the "Car of Tomorrow" and is docked a billion points for bashing Nascar.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Just like when a pedestrian gets hit on 610 or Beltway 8 down here. The first question everyone in the world ask is wtf are you doing out of the car?! Don't get out of the car.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Can't believe Tony is racing today. All eyes are gonna be on him which I'm sure is exactly what he wants

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I have driven race cars. In my own mind I am sure Tony was trying to show the kid who the boss was. But of course he did not mean to kill him, just wanted to give him a scare.

From seeing what some of the eyewitnesses have said, saying he was driving towards him and hit the throttle, and then swerved, this was my initial reaction.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Just my thoughts - in real life, if I get in a minor argument with someone, they text someone saying we got in an argument, and then 5 minutes later I accidentally run over them because they jumped out in front of my car, it's going to be very hard to tell the cops there was no intent, they ran out in front of me, especially when they have someone else telling them that the person I killed and I were in an argument a few minutes before.

I feel like that's the same case here. You can't prove he did it with intent. But you also can't prove he did it without intent. Was he going to just try and scare him? Did he really NEVER see him the ENTIRE time the kid was outside of his car?

Do they not have spotters in sprint racing? Honest question, I don't know.
I'm sorry but do you think TS wanted to kill the kid? I mean seriously...on a racetrack, where he makes his money in front of a bunch of people.............................

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
with his past temper issues, I can see it. Not on purpose, but trying tap him or something, spin dirt on him, something like that. Should have gotten the hell off dirt tracks after his leg last year.

This sounds like it from the descriptions. Going to be to hard to prove but it was under caution and sounds deliberate even if the other guy put himself in danger.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm sorry but do you think TS wanted to kill the kid? I mean seriously...on a racetrack, where he makes his money in front of a bunch of people.............................

No, I think he was trying to make a point. I don't think he ever intended to even hit the kid. I do think he intended to go towards the kid.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
From seeing what some of the eyewitnesses have said, saying he was driving towards him and hit the throttle, and then swerved, this was my initial reaction.
That's all just speculation at this point.

I don't give a **** about racing and I don't know Tony Stewart from Tony the Tiger but this kid walked into the middle of a race track into the path of oncoming cars, that's where the fault lies.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
That's all just speculation at this point.

I don't give a **** about racing and I don't know Tony Stewart from Tony the Tiger but this kid walked into the middle of a race track into the path of oncoming cars, that's where the fault lies.

I agree, but does that mean he never saw the kid?

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA

Did you see the video? There was a car in front of Tony, possibly blocking his view. Perhaps he didn't see the guy dressed in all black until too late. Perhaps he drifted up the track, saw the guy at the last minute and then gunned his car to get back down.

I don't know. But neither do you or any of these eye-witnesses. I have read quite a few of their comments and they seem to think they know what Stewart was thinking or trying to do. They don't.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm not even saying he needs to go to jail. I'm saying Nascar needs to ban him from racing for awhile to try and stop his hot headedness.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I agree, but does that mean he never saw the kid?
There's no possible way to know at this point, I don't think it'd be at all unlikely that you wouldn't notice someone out of their car, at least not until it's too late to do anything about it. He's wearing a dark uniform against a dirt track back drop at night, and it's not like a driver is driving around thinking they should be on the lookout for people on the track.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Also Stewart is just a second or so behind the blue car that passes the kid very closely right before Stewart hits him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron