Time to cut out our Busch Light love affair

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Compelled to share- when I called the DMR to cancel they informed me that I will not get a credit for the next 8 months that I had paid for in advance. That'll help their public perception.....

That seems dubiously legal.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Him as a person now, as an adult, or him as a person when he was a 16 year old, sophomore in high school that quoted a popular comedy TV show?

A 16 year old is still a child. A smear job on a child's tweet.

Way to represent the 4th Estate, Register

So....

**** the Register
**** InBev
**** Busch Light as a brand

Keep your weirdo Busch Light guy away from our world.

Dilly Dilly

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Somebody needs to scour every anhuiser bush executive social media account and dig stuff up. Then determine if their actions met the current beliefs of the company

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A 16 year old is still a child. A smear job on a child's tweet.

Way to represent the 4th Estate, Register

So....

**** the Register
**** InBev
**** Busch Light as a brand

Keep your weirdo Busch Light guy away from our world.

Dilly Dilly

Keith Stone would kick his *** anyhow, and I don’t care for keystone.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
The Register had me agreeing with Clay Travis, Steve Deace, and Dana Loesch.
tenor.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
So, still nothing from the Register today with respect to this nonsense?

If they dont have something out by tomorrow I am going to assume they are going to pretend like nothing happened and try to move on. A major retraction and apology should be front and center in tomorrow's edition if they want any chance of saving face over this. The longer the silence goes without owning up to their mistake the more damage it will do to their subscriptions and advertising.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Somebody needs to scour every anhuiser bush executive social media account and dig stuff up. Then determine if their actions met the current beliefs of the company

I feel like that would be a poor choice. I understand the sentiment but they are covering their business. They honored their financial commitment and we should leave it at that.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Latest update from our building (Capital Square) management company:

"I want you to be aware of the fact that the police are investing a credible threat against one of our tenants. While this issue is being investigated, we have implemented the following changes in building safety and security procedures:

• All building elevators are accessible with tenant badges only
  • Tenants and visitors can expect to be asked for identification
  • Additional security and law enforcement personnel are on site outside the building, at the skywalk level and at public access points
  • Food deliveries and other materials delivered to the building will be subject to inspection
  • Report suspicious activity to the police immediately

These changes will remain in effect until further notice."
Greetings fellow Capital Squarer

• Friendly
Reactions: Tailg8er

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Interesting how the DMR is pumping out more articles about Carson today but have yet to see them issue any kind of apology or story about what actions they are taking in light of their poor decision to run that story about his tweets from 8 years ago. Still using his name to get clicks, pretty lame when they are facing all kinds of backlash even at a national level now. The story about businesses jumping in to support Carson after AB pulled back is quite ironic since the DMR was the cause behind that. I'm hoping they are just waiting to drop the big story with apology late tonight or overnight as not to generate too much buzz before the Thursday edition hits the stands but I'm not holding my breath given what a crappy publication they have proven to be over the years that finds ways to sink to new lows.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I don't follow the news (unless it shows up on CF first) - no print, web or TV so I probably don't know if it has, but is there a comparable scenario where a media outlet has had so much backlash with 95%+ of the people united on one side? This is just so strange...and dumb.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Time for someone to start a new Des Moines newspaper...strike while the iron is hot.

Des Moines Dispatch?
The Iowa State Post?
Des Moines Tribune (a historical one)?

Get after ‘em entrepreneurs.

• Agree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

fredisgod

Feb 20, 2019
Remember that only Polk and Story counties read the Ragister's news section. the des marxist rag supports ISU athletics because otherwise the other 50 counties to the west would never read it.

It's a business decision. The Rag doesn't really care about ISU.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Something that is really wierd about this is people not realizing what the Duh Moines Rag was(and has been for several decades)?!? It's not local folks from Osceola who got promoted up doing beat reporting. I mean, I can understand a few thousand grandmas still feel compelled to pay for that crap...but 60,000 subscriptions? That's embarrassing. Do people out there still not know that Bezos bought the Washington Post? Do people actually watch Good Morning America for Truth? I'm getting depressed.

• Agree
Reactions: ArgentCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron