This is odd

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
After reading this thread, I'd like to say thanks to TarHeelHawk, DJK15, and SouthernHawk for sometimes posting something of substance. As far as being Hawkeye fans goes, you guys must be the class.

hawkeyes23

Jan 9, 2009
Iowa City
After reading this thread, I'd like to say thanks to TarHeelHawk, DJK15, and SouthernHawk for sometimes posting something of substance. As far as being Hawkeye fans goes, you guys must be the class.
Hey thats not fair i have posted something of substance at least one.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
I'd like to thank all of these hawkeye fans for coming onto this site and to try to justify their player's actions in comparisons to the student-athletes of Iowa State University. The types of criminal acts that have been committed by a certain eastern iowa university borders on the lack of common sense some people have.
List of some common sense instances:
1. Saying that the soda w/o alcohol you had ordered; the bartender put alcohol in said soda. See Shaun Prater
2. Trying to pick a fight with a security guard on the grounds of campus police. See Tyler Christenson
3.Many driving under the influences, these actions just don't put your life in harm's way but other's as well. Too many players to name.

One thing that could be done about this is one take accountability for their actions, these people are representing not only themselves, but a university as a whole. Also, these players are being paid with an education that will last them forever. Many people, including myself, dreamed of playing division 1 football on saturdays under the lights but were not blessed with the talent that has been given to a certain percentage of the population to do so. These players should be fortunate enough that they have been given this talent and an experience that will be life-lasting.

Reactions: Phaedrus

EJ 4 STATE

Jan 16, 2008
Lenexa, Kansas
I feel like I just listened to a highschool lunchroom fight.
Take it for what it's worth.
The problem is being handled inhouse. Deal with it.
Hawkeye problems are being handled on a case by case basis. Although just more frequently.
It is what it is, every one chill out. Put the tape measures away.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I didn't know he had that staph infection. After he got caught stealing welfare housing, and then he and his sainted father successfully weaseled out of it, I kind of quit caring about him.

Actually, I used to play around at being a hawk hater. And then KF (along with his morally tone-deaf constituency) gave me a real reason to be.

Small price to pay for being the son of Kirk Ferentz, right? Probably would have been better if he had lost his legs.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Actually, I used to play around at being a hawk hater. And then KF (along with his morally tone-deaf constituency) gave me a real reason to be.

This isn't pointed at you Phaedrus, Just thought I'd share some hawk fan from my perspective since you brought up the subject.

I really wouldn't be as much of a hawk hater, outside of just being our rival school, but when I was 15 and was cussed out and beer thrown at me by a group of hawk fans in iowa city when I was there for the game, just because I was wearing an Iowa state shirt, among other things. The fact that there seems to be a lack of class among fans, there athletes, and there administration and coaches just adds to it. I'm not saying every hawk fan is bad, cause I've met nice and decent fans, but there seems to be a bigger base of fans that are utter morons that lack class.

Reactions: Phaedrus

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
What does that mean?

I was meaning that I respect your opinion, SH's and DJK's opinion more (may not always agree with it) but you guys add more substance, and information then most other hawkeye posters. And most of the time act with class. Plus you're a cubs fan. :wink:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I like pancakes.

Are you a bunny?

bunny-pancake.gif

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Small price to pay for being the son of Kirk Ferentz, right? Probably would have been better if he had lost his legs.

Wow. Just wow.

How do you do that? I mean, each and every thing I've said, vis-a-vis the Hawks, you've managed to add drama, or bring in something completely from off-stage to make what I said seem worse than it really is.

I don't see how whatertheheckhisnameis Ferentz's legs have anything to do with a multi-millionaire's son not only stealing welfare housing, but the multi-millionaire's coach basically disacknowledgeing his son who works for him and the hawkeye faithful giving him a pass.

Did someone run over his dog, too? Maybe you could somehow tie me to that, as well....

BTW - Compare and contrast the Hawk basketball faithful when Steve Alford played fast and loose with Pierre Pierce's problems. When I found out that hawkfans were staying home in droves after that happened, I applauded their actions. THAT is how you treat an ethically challenged coach.

IMO KF deserves the same treatment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron