This is odd

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I've never "defended" the University of Iowa, or said that there isn't a problem, as to do so would be rather foolish of me given the record.

Phaedrus can say all he wants about the discipline problem at Iowa, and how Kirk seems to be wishy-washy at best when it comes to dealing with the jackasses on his team. That's fine, and it's fair game.

But when someone says that Iowa fans can't possibly have any morals or values, and bases that reasoning solely on that person being a fan of the Hawks - thats where I draw the line.
is that line in crayon?

on another note, I understand Phad's point. If you are able to "draw the line" as you claim; it seems pretty obivious one should be drawn with Kirk and his team's behavior. By continuing to support thugs-you directly or indirectly are supporting rape, abuse, theft, and the abuse of public good will. You may claim not to support the behavior but until you say "GD'it enough is enough and I won't buy tix until this crap is fixed!"-you lack the moral highground.

j

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Rape, Theft, Assault, etc VS. underage drinking

30 some arrests (?) vs 1

Yep. I think Hawkeye fans should be on this site talking crap about our player getting in trouble:jimlad:

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
This is too funny. One under-age drinking, which sounds like it occurred without the player making an *** out of himself or putting anybody else in danger, and all of a sudden Hawk fans are pointing fingers? I guess it's just further evidence that folks on this board lack critical thinking skills. I swear some of you must be 12 years old.

This will be handled by the coaching staff, as it should be. If we reach even a quarter of Iowa's arrest count I will become concerned. If somebody is hurt by the actions of an ISU athlete, I will become alarmed. Until then, please leave your stupidity at the door.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
is that line in crayon?

on another note, I understand Phad's point. If you are able to "draw the line" as you claim; it seems pretty obivious one should be drawn with Kirk and his team's behavior. By continuing to support thugs-you directly or indirectly are supporting rape, abuse, theft, and the abuse of public good will. You may claim not to support the behavior but until you say "GD'it enough is enough and I won't buy tix until this crap is fixed!"-you lack the moral highground.

j

No, I draw the line at calling kids "thugs" and claiming that their father is "morally vacant." I draw the line at the claim that no Hawk fans can have morals, simply because we're Hawk fans.

Everything else is fair game, and I think I've made that perfectly clear.