This is odd

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Gentlemen, please. Remember, when you're discussing indicators that reveal poor leadership, morals and ethics with a current fan of U of I football, you are effectively attempting to describe the color "blue" to blind men. So, do what makes you happy, but this is an exercise in futility.

And TarHeel Hawk, you have that last quote wrong. I said "sons". As in both of his sons are thugs.

You're a neat guy.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
In light of what has gone on in Iowa City I am surprised he was not suspended to make an example of him and set a precident for future problems. That being said this 1 incident doesn't worry me because it hasn't become a trend like it has over in Iowa City. Once we start seeing several of these in an offseason I'm sure folks here will be just as critical as they are with KF.

I'm SURE the hawk crimewave apologists remember that the stinkstorm that started about McCarney, didn't start until after he reinstated Berryman.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Gentlemen, please. Remember, when you're discussing indicators that reveal poor leadership, morals and ethics with a current fan of U of I football, you are effectively attempting to describe the color "blue" to blind men. So, do what makes you happy, but this is an exercise in futility.

And TarHeel Hawk, you have that last quote wrong. I said "sons". As in both of his sons are thugs.

I could care less if I got it wrong or not, the point is still the same. For whatever reason, you obviously harbor a great hatred towards the University of Iowa and it's football team, their head coach, and his family.

I'm assuming that you're referring Brian Ferentz. Maybe you didn't know that he almost had to have both of his legs amputated at the knees due to a staph infection.

But, his last name is Ferentz, so he is obviously a thug.

Tell me, is the oxygen thinner at your altitude?

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Great guy as long as you're not disagreeing with something readily apparent.

Hey, Erik, I'm not there to watch the news or anything, but did KF use the "that's not my son" defense again when his youngest one was caught for Public Intox?

The hawk faithful lapped it up when his eldest got caught stealing welfare housing, so I kind of expected him to throw it out there, again....

And yeah, when faced with someone who argues that the sun comes up in the west, I tend to get interested, really quick.

Actually, bad analogy. Magnetically, the sun DOES come up in the west. But that's another topic...:wideeyed:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
What hawkeyes23 is saying, is that if KF was in the same position as the ISU coach, and didn't suspend that player, you guys would be up in arms about Ferentz running a dirty program.

He does have a dirty program. Comparing off the field problems is apples to oranges. You can count iowa state mishaps (yes we do have a few) in the past year or two one one hand, maybe 2. Iowa's you need at least 7 hands.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Hey, Erik, I'm not there to watch the news or anything, but did KF use the "that's not my son" defense again when his youngest one was caught for Public Intox?

The hawk faithful lapped it up when his eldest got caught stealing welfare housing, so I kind of expected him to throw it out there, again....

And yeah, when faced with someone who argues that the sun comes up in the west, I tend to get interested, really quick.

Actually, bad analogy. Magnetically, the sun DOES come up in the west. But that's another topic...:wideeyed:

Actually, it's a perfect analogy.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I'm assuming that you're referring Brian Ferentz. Maybe you didn't know that he almost had to have both of his legs amputated at the knees due to a staph infection.

But, his last name is Ferentz, so he is obviously a thug.

Tell me, is the oxygen thinner at your altitude?

I didn't know he had that staph infection. After he got caught stealing welfare housing, and then he and his sainted father successfully weaseled out of it, I kind of quit caring about him.

Actually, I used to play around at being a hawk hater. And then KF (along with his morally tone-deaf constituency) gave me a real reason to be.

IAHAWKS757

Jan 1, 2009
Iowa City
He does have a dirty program. Comparing off the field problems is apples to oranges. You can count iowa state mishaps (yes we do have a few) in the past year or two one one hand, maybe 2. Iowa's you need at least 7 hands.

And how many of those terrific foam fingers you got there will it take to count.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Actually, it's a perfect analogy.

I like the Phaedrus parable of the Blind Hawk fan, better.

ISU Fan: This, is the color blue
Blind Hawk Fan: No it's not!!!

ISU Fan: What? You're blind, how would you know?
Blind Hawk Fan: Who are YOU to say what a color is?!?

ISU Fan: Whaaaa???
Blind Hawk Fan: You're just saying that because you hate the hawks, and are an idiot!!!

ISU Fan: I'm sorry, but I can see this is the color blue, and you can't see at all.
Blind Hawk Fan: That's the way it is with you ISU fans. And our football team beat your football team 15 times in a row back in the stone age!!!

ISU Fan: Forget it.
Blind Hawk Fan: Loser!

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Takes two to tango. I think we pretty much shut down the origonal trolls argument.

Not mine. And I got the thread going again. My point has only been solidified (even leaving the angry fella out, since he's a broken record of vitriol). No less than 3 posters have directly compared ISU's arrest to Iowa's list of arrests since CycloneErik assured me that such comparisons do not happen. Just sayin'.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
I like the Phaedrus parable of the Blind Hawk fan, better.

ISU Fan: This, is the color blue
Blind Hawk Fan: No it's not!!!

ISU Fan: What? You're blind, how would you know?
Blind Hawk Fan: Who are YOU to say what a color is?!?

ISU Fan: Whaaaa???
Blind Hawk Fan: You're just saying that because you hate the hawks, and are an idiot!!!

ISU Fan: I'm sorry, but I can see this is the color blue, and you can't see at all.
Blind Hawk Fan: That's the way it is with you ISU fans. And our football team beat your football team 15 times in a row back in the stone age!!!

ISU Fan: Forget it.
Blind Hawk Fan: Loser!

Again. Neat guy.