Texas Fans at the game last night...

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Went to Austin for the Texas game when we beat them in 2010. Their fans were nothing but accommodating hosts. After the game got several congratulations from them as we were walking out. Some anonymous fan bought our group a round of drinks at the restaurant after the game. I always hope our fan base can be just as respectful.

yeah. Same experience in 2010, best road game experience I’ve ever had

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Went to Austin for the Texas game when we beat them in 2010. Their fans were nothing but accommodating hosts. After the game got several congratulations from them as we were walking out. Some anonymous fan bought our group a round of drinks at the restaurant after the game. I always hope our fan base can be just as respectful.

I was at 2009 ISU/NU. After the 8 turnover ordeal I saw lot of glazed over faces and comments such as "congrats" and "they play hard for Rhoads".

Reactions: CyBobby

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My experiences with Texas fans are completely different, they are horrible and third worst behind Iowa and Nebraska.

Last night, when they went ahead, one of them was particularly crude, grabbed his crotch and asked poor Cyclone woman ahead of him if she wanted to see how big things are in Texas.

Last time they won in Ames, they gathered on concourse doing chants about OU cause they are obviously in their heads.

Loud, crude, obnoxious.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Saw quite a few coming in from the grass, sat by a couple, and didn't have one single issue.

The only away fans that I see consistently cause problems are Hoks, shocker.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Texas guy comes cutting into the bathroom line.

Texas douche 'I'm just after water.'
Me 'OK, but only from the toilet.'

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Sarkasian is a hell of an OC but those sort of flashy hires aren’t what Texas needs. There’s no identity to that team and their defense is fundamentally flawed and without discipline.

He's not a hell of an OC. I had to watch him drive a finely tuned Atlanta Falcons offense into the ground.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Sarkasian is a hell of an OC but those sort of flashy hires aren’t what Texas needs. There’s no identity to that team and their defense is fundamentally flawed and without discipline.

I think when they hired Herman, Texas tried to hire away Saban away from Alabama. But was probably given a hard no. Since they can’t have Saban, Sark is probably the closest they will get to him. Plus that seems to be the popular thing to do now, hire rehabilitated Saban assistant coaches.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think when they hired Herman, Texas tried to hire away Saban away from Alabama. But was probably given a hard no. Since they can’t have Saban, Sark is probably the closest they will get to him. Plus that seems to be the popular thing to do now, hire rehabilitated Saban assistant coaches.

It's college football's version of the Belichick assistants.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
My experiences with Texas fans are completely different, they are horrible and third worst behind Iowa and Nebraska.

Last night, when they went ahead, one of them was particularly crude, grabbed his crotch and asked poor Cyclone woman ahead of him if she wanted to see how big things are in Texas.

Last time they won in Ames, they gathered on concourse doing chants about OU cause they are obviously in their heads.

Loud, crude, obnoxious.

Response should have been “Then I’ll go to Alaska.” They don’t like to be reminded they’re only second.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Same here.

Free drinks after the game in Austin in a couple bars, and at Eddie V's in 2010.

Free drinks after the close loss in Austin when Simms was Texas QB.

Big disconnect between arrogance of AD and Big Boosters and the average Texas fans.

I didn't go to this particular game, but that has always been my experience as well, both for Football and Basketball. I've never had a problem with Texas, personally sad to see them leave (still pissed at the ones at the top ******* everything all up for the Xth time).

The Texas fan in the reddit game threads all seem pretty level headed and light hearted.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
If he’s a ******* moron and takes the job they can
Not really. Texas- right now- is closer to a repeat of 2005 than we will ever be. They just need to find their coach and they'll really be back. They aren't Nebraska, set adrift in a recruiting wilderness. They're Texas.

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
was probably someone from our fanbase. We have some real douches when it comes to colors.
I'm a douche on here when I correct people who say red (it's cardinal) but it's in jest/fun. And outside the Cave, we're all Cyclone fans who are familiar with each other. I would never correct someone like that out in the real world, much less go even further by complaining about black not being our school color.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
The stadium definitely had an edge to it last night. Overall, I've had great interactions with UT fans over the years. But without a doubt they were getting more of an earful from us than ever because we knew it would be our last opportunity and people had all day to drink.

I told the guys behind me that kNU left the conference after we started beating them on a regular basis as well so I wasn't surprised they and OU were leaving. Losing to GA and Bama don't carry the negative stigma losing to ISU or TCU does.