Texas Fans at the game last night...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Texas fans around us were nothing but quiet and respectful. Took some ribbing by isu fans as they left early in the fourth quarter.

Side note. Texas is gonna be like Tennessee in the SEC. I still don’t get their move. They’re gonna suck.

All about the money. My dream scenario is that Tx acts as Texas does all the time then the big dogs in the SEC toss them out after all the realignment is finished leaving them as a independent with no room at the table.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
There were only a few Tx fans in my section. On the way out after the game I was walking along a Tx fan not talking to him or anything, then a Tx fan going the other way flashes him the Horns Down, couldn't help myself I busted out laughing. Talked to the guy afterwards and he had no idea why he benched their QB. He was a decent guy.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was at 2009 ISU/NU. After the 8 turnover ordeal I saw lot of glazed over faces and comments such as "congrats" and "they play hard for Rhoads".
Back then we were just the lovable little
Kids of the big xii. Everyone was nice because they knew it was a once in a couple decade defeat scenario. Not as friendly now that we beat them more often.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He would come off the field after punting and grab a water bottle. Take a swig from it, stand in front of us and spit the water in the air. Like he was a big deal. Then dose his head and shake it off. Every single time.
triple-h-entrance.gif

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
On a positive note:

I was exiting the stadium at the same time that the Texas band was leaving on the NW side. All of the young men & women that I saw interacting with Cyclone fans were respectful & polite. (lots of "excuse me" & "sorry" as they made their way to the buses.) Of course they weren't attempting to march off in formation while playing their instruments... ISU fans were also cordial to the band students. Great to see!!

No assault took place that I witnessed.

I talked to a couple of Texas band members in line for the bathroom at halftime. Asked them if they flew or bussed (flew to Des Moines and bussed from there) and told them about the ISUCF’V’MB’s 12 hour road trip to Akron several years ago. They were good kids and very pleasant to talk to.

Reactions: farm85

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The Texas fans around us were great. The dbag Hawkeye fan with his sweatshirt that had a huge Hawkeye on it was not. He was obnoxious and talking trash.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Heard a little yelling to our left in C/D late in the game, and there was a group of younger Texas fans leaving. But the guy in their group turned around to yell at someone and he had a Hawk sweatshirt on. Surprised he didn't get his ass kicked.

ha you must be over by me. He kept yelling that JT Stadium was Iowas second home. What a turd.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny
Well, in his defense he did have the best performance of any TX player IMO. That kid will play at the next level.
Agreed. I don't think he cares much if his team wins or loses though. Acted the same whether they were up by 7 or down by 23.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I’ve found their fan base to be really good actually. Never had an issue, other than they got a ton of t shirt fans.
Agreed. There is a group of old rich guys that come down to the Big 12 Tourney in KC every year and sit together in their orange shirts. A lot of them usually stay at the same hotel we do and they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Always say hi and will chat up anyone, even when we talk football while sitting at the hotel bar after hours. It's just the idiot message board haters that we usually see -> and let's be honest, we have a lot of those too.

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
I've been to one game in Austin, the Seneca Wallace game. Texas fans were great to our group. I hope that our fan base can continue to be considered one of the best, and most gracious to visiting fans.

Reactions: jcyclonee and ISC

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Uh.... the CFP rankings say otherwise.

1. Georgia - Kirby Smart
3. Michigan State - Mel Tucker
4. Oregon - Mario Cristobal

And 2. is Alabama and Nick Saban himself.
Wait. So somebody on a message board didn't know what the fuxk they were talking about?

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
The Texas fans around us were great. The dbag Hawkeye fan with his sweatshirt that had a huge Hawkeye on it was not. He was obnoxious and talking trash.
Had one of those Hawk fans in our section as well. Could tell he was pretty drunk and was just there to troll. I ignored him for the most part, especially after his comment that Breece sucked, and just wanted to talk about Iowa. The guy behind us wasn't having any of it and kind of got into it with him.

Best part was after that the guy totally flipped stances and started saying that Iowa basically sucked. Must have been after checking the score and seeing that Northwestern was giving them a game. They also left 2 minutes into the second qtr. Good riddance.

Reactions: bos

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Uh.... the CFP rankings say otherwise.

1. Georgia - Kirby Smart
3. Michigan State - Mel Tucker
4. Oregon - Mario Cristobal

And 2. is Alabama and Nick Saban himself.
I heard an interesting (at least to me) story about Nick Saban.

Evidently, when he was an assistant coach with West Virginia, he was known as one of the nicest coaches in college football. He then spent one year as an assistant to Bill Belichik in Cleveland. He came back from that as one of the douchiest coaches in college football.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Agreed. There is a group of old rich guys that come down to the Big 12 Tourney in KC every year and sit together in their orange shirts. A lot of them usually stay at the same hotel we do and they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Always say hi and will chat up anyone, even when we talk football while sitting at the hotel bar after hours. It's just the idiot message board haters that we usually see -> and let's be honest, we have a lot of those too.

I've said it before.

Iowans like to think they are nice, but Texans actually are.

Some of the nicest folks I ever met when I lived in the Republic