Texas Fans at the game last night...

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I didn't see all that many and for the most part the ones around me behaved well...EXCEPT for one ASSHAT that tried to pick a fight with everyone. He was so belligerent that troopers came off the field and into the stands in the 2nd quarter to have a word. I was shocked they actually let him stay, but they did stand on the field and watch him the rest of the half. Of course the second half he looked just like the TX team, very deflated. When he left the game early in the 4th quarter, a little kid along the aisle said, "Bye Texas, have fun in the SEC."

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Funny story:

Went to the bathroom last night in the 4th quarter and it was me, Texas fan, and ISU fan on the other side of him. Texas fan was probably about 6'6" 280 and had a fancy looking white ten gallon hat on.

ISU fan: "That's a sweet hat man"
Texas fan (deep southern drawl): "Thank you son"
ISU fan: "I'm kidding" and just walks away

It's just me and Texas fan for another 10 seconds after that while I'm crying laughing

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Had my black and white “Breece mode” shirt on. Some guy told me to “wear my school colors.”

Mmm, Texas fan, Hawkeye fan or one of our own dickheads that think they need to pop off to complete strangers? I think "**** off , *******" might have slipped out from me before I could censor myself which likely won't have been smart. Censoring myself has always worked well for me (given not being a big guy) except when it hasn't.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Funny story:

Went to the bathroom last night in the 4th quarter and it was me, Texas fan, and ISU fan on the other side of him. Texas fan was probably about 6'6" 280 and had a fancy looking white ten gallon hat on.

ISU fan: "That's a sweet hat man"
Texas fan (deep southern drawl): "Thank you son"
ISU fan: "I'm kidding" and just walks away

It's just me and Texas fan for another 10 seconds after that while I'm crying laughing
Went to Austin for the Texas game when we beat them in 2010. Their fans were nothing but accommodating hosts. After the game got several congratulations from them as we were walking out. Some anonymous fan bought our group a round of drinks at the restaurant after the game. I always hope our fan base can be just as respectful.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Went to Austin for the Texas game when we beat them in 2010. Their fans were nothing but accommodating hosts. After the game got several congratulations from them as we were walking out. Some anonymous fan bought our group a round of drinks at the restaurant after the game. I always hope our fan base can be just as respectful.
Same here.

Free drinks after the game in Austin in a couple bars, and at Eddie V's in 2010.

Free drinks after the close loss in Austin when Simms was Texas QB.

Big disconnect between arrogance of AD and Big Boosters and the average Texas fans.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The Texas fans take themselves so seriously. It's kinda bizarre to see in person. They were pretty quiet in our section last night, but they didn't have anything to get cocky about.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We watched a couple of UT fans go down to about the 3rd row directly behind the north end of the ISU bench, cowboys hats firmly attached. I remember commenting on the hassle of sitting behind hats like that at a game and not being able to see half of the field due to my height and the size of the hats. Somewhere toward the end of the 3rd Q I noticed the hats (and their owners) were no longer down there.

I guess it's true. "All hat, no cattle."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron