Texas Fans at the game last night...

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Texas fans around us were nothing but quiet and respectful. Took some ribbing by isu fans as they left early in the fourth quarter.

Side note. Texas is gonna be like Tennessee in the SEC. I still don’t get their move. They’re gonna suck.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Heard a little yelling to our left in C/D late in the game, and there was a group of younger Texas fans leaving. But the guy in their group turned around to yell at someone and he had a Hawk sweatshirt on. Surprised he didn't get his ass kicked.
You must sit up behind us a bit. We heard the commotion and noticed what was probably the same group exiting.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I don’t mind the red but it’s hard to see the names in the jerseys

I do not understand the trend of having dark numbers/letters on a dark jersey. They are incredibly hard to read. As a high school football radio play-by-play guy, I think it’s incredibly dumb. Whenever I encounter one of those teams, I make a point of saying “If you want your name called on the air, then make sure I can read the number on your jersey.”

I believe the national high school rules change next season to require contrasting colors between numbers and jerseys. Good.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Drunk Texas fan walking into south entrance before the game chanting "money talks. fagg*ts walk." Cyclone fan says "aren't you the ones walking away?"

Dude tilts his head and changes it to "money talks so Texas walks".

I hope they enjoy getting an identical cut with Vandy and Miss State.

these a-holes had like 9 years in a row where they made the most money in the history of college sports and they can’t keep it close against Iowa State.

Hard to dream up a bigger pack of entitled losers. Roll Tide.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Sarkasian is a hell of an OC but those sort of flashy hires aren’t what Texas needs. There’s no identity to that team and their defense is fundamentally flawed and without discipline.

Selmak The Tok'Ra

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2021
We had a Texas fan in our section a few rows above where I was sitting shout "LET'S GO TEXAS LET'S GOOO" towards the end of the 3rd qtr and he got laughed at by the Iowa State fans around him lmao

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
My parents complained of drunk, obnoxiously arrogant Texas fans in their section who at one point were trying to get an ISU fan kicked out that they’d instigated a confrontation with.

The ones I personally met in the lots were great sports.

Last edited:

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
EXCEPT for one ASSHAT that tried to pick a fight with everyone.

Section 4, about row 8-9? If not, there was one there, too. Cops de-escalated after fights nearly broke out. I didn’t see it, but my buddy was trying to get back to his seat and was stuck in the 4/5 isle for a minute

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Had my black and white “Breece mode” shirt on. Some guy told me to “wear my school colors.”
Seriously? What a moron.
That whole fanbase is something else. Used to live in austin, it's amazing when they get an early season loss they just go into hibernation mode. They are the total OPPOSITE of our fanbase when it comes to supporting through thick and thin.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Seriously? What a moron.
That whole fanbase is something else. Used to live in austin, it's amazing when they get an early season loss they just go into hibernation mode. They are the total OPPOSITE of our fanbase when it comes to supporting through thick and thin.

was probably someone from our fanbase. We have some real douches when it comes to colors.