Talen Horton-Tucker next year

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
What do you mean, "if" ? I'm excited about Wigg as much as the next fan, but NBA is an unbelievable jump. Would be shocked to see him try early entry until jr. year. Lots to work on and grow into yet. Surely he knows that.
I think he'll be back. But if he keeps playing like he has the last two games, people will notice.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
I think he'll be back. But if he keeps playing like he has the last two games, people will notice.
People will notice, but I'm sure scouts will want to see how he progresses into his sophomore, junior and senior year. Oh wait that's just me.

Please stay all 4 years wiggy.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Very little chance that he goes after this year. He has to either show that he can be a PG or develop into an elite shooter.

I think he needs at least one and probably two more years.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I’m hoping for two years out of Lindell.

While he is a freshman he will turn 20 before the end of the year. NBA wants these guys young so they can develop them over time.

CardinalCy

Jul 25, 2017
Very little chance that he goes after this year. He has to either show that he can be a PG or develop into an elite shooter.

I think he needs at least one and probably two more years.
At his height he needs to play the point. He might not get a chance to run point until his junior year, so don’t see him leaving until then.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
We need a hype thread like this for Zion Griffin, too. As things stand right now, he is actually the higher-rated prospect, yet I hear so little about him.

All aboard the THT hype train, though, even if I do still expect him to take rookie lumps in the Big 12 and have to fight hard for playing time behind two proven seniors in Weiler-Babb and Shayok and the phenom that is still Lindell Wigginton, especially next year.

Wiggi had 27 and 30 this week in Lawrence and against near-ranked Baylor. That is bonkers.
The reason why there isn't a Zion Griffin hype thread is because his team doesn't play in any big games that are on TV/online streaming. I wish I could get the chance to see him play.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Our 3 best players will be back next year and we’re adding THT and Shayok next year. Going to be a good year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Our 3 best players will be back next year and we’re adding THT and Shayok next year. Going to be a good year.

4/5 + Shayok, Jacobson + THT, Griffin

There is going to be talent, flexibility, depth, and experience next year that just is not here this year, and even then we are quite the feisty squad.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
4/5 + Shayok, Jacobson + THT, Griffin

There is going to be talent, flexibility, depth, and experience next year that just is not here this year, and even then we are quite the feisty squad.

Probably good to have Shayok and Jacobson here now. If Lewis can be as good as Stanz says, rotations will be very interesting next year. That will definitely take some time. The sooner everyone can figure each other out, the better.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I think he will end up a 5 star as well, possibly even McDonald's All American. That would give us back to back years of having a 5 star recruit, which has never been done at ISU. Additionally, I've heard Shayok is the best player on the team right now, and the way Lard and Solo are progressing so rapidly, and NWB and Lindell will only get better....holy crap next year is going to be bonkers fun.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Thompsonclone, what player would you compare him to? I've seen people say he's a cross between Niang and Burton, which looks like a pretty accurate description to me. He just has that rare combination of smooth, crafty, and explosive all in one strong, college ready frame. He's really, really good. Actually, he reminds me a lot of Paul Pierce. Somebody needs to put together some Paul Pierce highlights next to some THT highlights on a video.

• Agree
Reactions: Pharmacy99

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
The reason why there isn't a Zion Griffin hype thread is because his team doesn't play in any big games that are on TV/online streaming. I wish I could get the chance to see him play.

Griffin just is not playing the competition that THT is either. I think he could be a star EVENTUALLY at Iowa State but I worry the speed of the college game will be a huge adjustment for him. Similar to Wigginton and Lewis this year. I think THT steps on campus and makes a huge impact from day one i.e. Wigginton. Stick with Lewis as well it will eventually click for him and he will start being a consistent knock down shooter.

Don't count out a chance for Tyler Harris or a high impact transfer next year if we have any attrition as well....

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You know who else isn't going to be here for 4 years IMO..... Cameron Lard. He'll be gone to the NBA Draft after his junior year IMO, if not possibly earlier. He's the real deal. Obviously has a few things to work on, but he's got a high ceiling.

It will definitely be fun. I'd rather have the problem of guys leaving early than having nobody good enough to.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
You know who else isn't going to be here for 4 years IMO..... Cameron Lard. He'll be gone to the NBA Draft after his junior year IMO, if not possibly earlier. He's the real deal. Obviously has a few things to work on, but he's got a high ceiling.

It will definitely be fun. I'd rather have the problem of guys leaving early than having nobody good enough to.

If he can develop a little more range on his jumper, I would agree he could leave early.

If he left after his JR year, that would be a great problem to have.

• Agree
Reactions: flander1649

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Thompsonclone, what player would you compare him to? I've seen people say he's a cross between Niang and Burton, which looks like a pretty accurate description to me. He just has that rare combination of smooth, crafty, and explosive all in one strong, college ready frame. He's really, really good. Actually, he reminds me a lot of Paul Pierce. Somebody needs to put together some Paul Pierce highlights next to some THT highlights on a video.

Paul Pierce is a great comparison IMO

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyfanatic13