Talen Horton-Tucker next year

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Griffin just is not playing the competition that THT is either. I think he could be a star EVENTUALLY at Iowa State but I worry the speed of the college game will be a huge adjustment for him. Similar to Wigginton and Lewis this year. I think THT steps on campus and makes a huge impact from day one i.e. Wigginton. Stick with Lewis as well it will eventually click for him and he will start being a consistent knock down shooter.

Don't count out a chance for Tyler Harris or a high impact transfer next year if we have any attrition as well....

Fired up about next year's freshmen, too, but so much has to be developed on the defensive end to get on the floor. Ask Lewis. Lard and Wigginton getting better but still learning, too. Practically all the highlight tapes I watch, these incoming kids are playing in somewhat passive zone defenses, and not getting the level of intense defensive fundamentals/structure that they need, imo. Must admit, I haven't noticed on THT's Simeon team what their defense is like, cuz I've only seen offensive highlights.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Fired up about next year's freshmen, too, but so much has to be developed on the defensive end to get on the floor. Ask Lewis. Lard and Wigginton getting better but still learning, too. Practically all the highlight tapes I watch, these incoming kids are playing in somewhat passive zone defenses, and not getting the level of intense defensive fundamentals/structure that they need, imo. Must admit, I haven't noticed on THT's Simeon team what their defense is like, cuz I've only seen offensive highlights.

Agree. This is why Shayok is likely to start next year. He's going to be great for us on the defensive end IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
You know who else isn't going to be here for 4 years IMO..... Cameron Lard. He'll be gone to the NBA Draft after his junior year IMO, if not possibly earlier. He's the real deal. Obviously has a few things to work on, but he's got a high ceiling.

It will definitely be fun. I'd rather have the problem of guys leaving early than having nobody good enough to.
I actually think Lard has the most NBA potential than anybody else on the team.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
USAToday listed Horton-Tucker as one of their "Sleeper Stars" from last weekends tournament.
Complementary article about THT especially highlighting his Defense. RJ Barrett (#1 player in the class) seemed impressed with Talen also.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/six-sleeper-stars-at-the-spalding-hoophall-classic

Horton-Tucker, going up perhaps the best high school defender in the country in Montverde Academy (Montverde, Fla.) guard R.J. Barrett, helped Simeon come oh-so-close to knocking off the No. 1 team.

Horton-Tucker, a 6-5 guard and an Iowa State signee, had 26 points and 10 rebounds and tied the game at 60 with a late three-pointer, only to see the Wolverines fall 62-60 to Montverde Academy (Montverde, Fla.).
“He definitely made some tough shots,” Barrett said. “We just tried to keep him from getting to the basket. There’s nothing you can do when he’s shooting the ball like that.”

Horton-Tucker is ranked as the No. 111 player in the 2018 class according to 247Sports.com, but he has been steadily rising. At one point, some recruiting services had him only as a two-star recruit.

“I don’t really pay much attention to rankings,” Horton-Tucker said. “I just want to show that I’m one of the best in the country too. As you can see, I keep moving up. If we win the city and the state, folks will see that.”

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
USAToday listed Horton-Tucker as one of their "Sleeper Stars" from last weekends tournament.
Complementary article about THT especially highlighting his Defense. RJ Barrett (#1 player in the class) seemed impressed with Talen also.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/six-sleeper-stars-at-the-spalding-hoophall-classic

Horton-Tucker, going up perhaps the best high school defender in the country in Montverde Academy (Montverde, Fla.) guard R.J. Barrett, helped Simeon come oh-so-close to knocking off the No. 1 team.

Horton-Tucker, a 6-5 guard and an Iowa State signee, had 26 points and 10 rebounds and tied the game at 60 with a late three-pointer, only to see the Wolverines fall 62-60 to Montverde Academy (Montverde, Fla.).
“He definitely made some tough shots,” Barrett said. “We just tried to keep him from getting to the basket. There’s nothing you can do when he’s shooting the ball like that.”

Horton-Tucker is ranked as the No. 111 player in the 2018 class according to 247Sports.com, but he has been steadily rising. At one point, some recruiting services had him only as a two-star recruit.

“I don’t really pay much attention to rankings,” Horton-Tucker said. “I just want to show that I’m one of the best in the country too. As you can see, I keep moving up. If we win the city and the state, folks will see that.”

Sign me up for more "There's nothing you can do when he's shooting the ball like that" guys.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I have no words

Thats awesome

that_was_awesome_tommy_boy.gif

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
They don’t have Tyler Harris rated either while Rivals has him in the 60s.