Talen Horton-Tucker next year

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Would have been nice to have Shayok or THT yesterday. Lard and Brase struggled to defend Newman which is completely understandable. That's a tough assignment. THT/Shayok would have been perfect.
I don't think we really know anything about THT's defensive abilities. He is a good shot-blocker, but that's about all we know. He certainly has the athletic ability to become a good defender, though.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I don't think we really know anything about THT's defensive abilities. He is a good shot-blocker, but that's about all we know. He certainly has the athletic ability to become a good defender, though.
My point was it would have been nice to have a bigger guard in that game because Brase and Lard didn't get the job done on Newman.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
100% correlation to the regular season. It's science.
tenor.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
  • Funny
Reactions: Malone

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
I don't suppose there is a easy way to watch that THT matchup...

I really wanted to make a comment about that picture of Viv Stringer under the article you linked but I don't think I could find a way to make it appropriate so you just make up your own caption.

From what I'm seeing it may be on ESPNU

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I bought the subscription to FloHoops just so I could watch.

My take:

It is absolutely ridiculous how THT is not a top 50 prospect on every website. RJ Barrett defended him most of the game. When he took a break, Montverde put Andrew Nembhard on him. (6-4 5-star guard going to Florida).

Those guys both THT work pretty hard but it was fun to see him have to create space. First half he struggled a little but still had 10 points. Took some really tough shots. His step back game is elite. He takes some Trae Young level shots. He's extremely crafty trying to create space. Very smooth player. On defense he guarded 6-9 Maryland committ Makel Mitchell who is ranked 147th. Makes THT's 10 rebounds even more impressive.

I don't know what his field goal percentage was as he missed a lot of tough shots but he didn't get his points at the line so he obviously made his fair share of shots as well. If RJ Barrett is ranked #1, THT has to be top 15 because I really thought he outplayed Barrett.

He's going to be on the court a lot next year for us. Just thinking about our guard options has me pumped. Babb, Wigginton, Shayok, THT + more? Insane.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I bought the subscription to FloHoops just so I could watch.

My take:

It is absolutely ridiculous how THT is not a top 50 prospect on every website. RJ Barrett defended him most of the game. When he took a break, Montverde put Andrew Nembhard on him. (6-4 5-star guard going to Florida).

Those guys both THT work pretty hard but it was fun to see him have to create space. First half he struggled a little but still had 10 points. Took some really tough shots. His step back game is elite. He takes some Trae Young level shots. He's extremely crafty trying to create space. Very smooth player. On defense he guarded 6-9 Maryland committ Makel Mitchell who is ranked 147th. Makes THT's 10 rebounds even more impressive.

I don't know what his field goal percentage was as he missed a lot of tough shots but he didn't get his points at the line so he obviously made his fair share of shots as well. If RJ Barrett is ranked #1, THT has to be top 15 because I really thought he outplayed Barrett.

He's going to be on the court a lot next year for us. Just thinking about our guard options has me pumped. Babb, Wigginton, Shayok, THT + more? Insane.

Damn so pumped for next year! Would be surprised if THT doesn't end up a five star by the end of the year. From everything I've heard Shayok is the real deal as well.

Reactions: exCYtable

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Damn so pumped for next year! Would be surprised if THT doesn't end up a five star by the end of the year. From everything I've heard Shayok is the real deal as well.
If Wigginton is back, next year could be real fun.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We need a hype thread like this for Zion Griffin, too. As things stand right now, he is actually the higher-rated prospect, yet I hear so little about him.

All aboard the THT hype train, though, even if I do still expect him to take rookie lumps in the Big 12 and have to fight hard for playing time behind two proven seniors in Weiler-Babb and Shayok and the phenom that is still Lindell Wigginton, especially next year.

Wiggi had 27 and 30 this week in Lawrence and against near-ranked Baylor. That is bonkers.