Talen Horton-Tucker next year

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
We really stole one here. He’s way more athletic than I thought. If you check out his Twitter feed it’s full of him putting guys on posters. Just curious to how he wasn’t more highly rated? He’s got decent size, can shoot, rebound and handle the ball. The tournament he’s playing in Florida right now is full of future D1 guys and he’s putting up great numbers. It’s going to be hard to keep him off the court.

Go to about 20 seconds in on this video and watch him fly.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Big 12 ready body. He and Zion Griffin should be able to contribute right away. I'm pleasantly surprised by how this season is going so far but I'm super excited by the prospects for the 18-19 team. They're going to be loaded.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Big 12 ready body. He and Zion Griffin should be able to contribute right away. I'm pleasantly surprised by how this season is going so far but I'm super excited by the prospects for the 18-19 team. They're going to be loaded.

As long as Wigginton is back next year, I agree. Even without Wigginton I think we'll still be in pretty good shape, but with Wigginton, watch out.

• Agree
Reactions: Team10 and isu2014

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
THT has a really long wing span. I see him being a wing version of Niang.

I think he will be productive right away. He seems really comfortable with the ball in his hands.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
We really stole one here. He’s way more athletic than I thought. If you check out his Twitter feed it’s full of him putting guys on posters. Just curious to how he wasn’t more highly rated? He’s got decent size, can shoot, rebound and handle the ball. The tournament he’s playing in Florida right now is full of future D1 guys and he’s putting up great numbers. It’s going to be hard to keep him off the court.

Go to about 20 seconds in on this video and watch him fly.

I've posted this before but I think he looks a bit trimmer than last year's clips, which could be due to physical maturation (he just turned 17) and/or better diet and workout regimen. Still looks like he may have some additional toning to do.

His lack of early high rating speaks to the ability of this staff to identify talent at an early stage and developing relationships which pay off down the road. Prohm showed this ability at his last stop where 2 of his low-ranked recruits became NBA picks. (Yes, Prohm haters, the ability to identify talent is also what makes a good coach.)

Who knows, we may get even luckier and he continues to grow as he's still a year younger than a great majority of senior recruits.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
As long as Wigginton is back next year, I agree. Even without Wigginton I think we'll still be in pretty good shape, but with Wigginton, watch out.

Semi-hot take alert - I'm more concerned about NWB jumping after this year if he can keep up his current pace in conference play. Good size for a PG, and at 22 years old now the clock is ticking.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
THT slots right into the Niang creator role but geez people are sleeping on Griffin.

Looks like Griffin's current team is limiting his productivity. I had at one time posted that I could see THT and Griffin becoming 5 stars by the end of the season, but you need visibility for that to happen. While THT is getting noticed, Griffin not so much.

They will surprise people next season.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Really think THT will have the most impact on this team next year out of the freshman if he plays okay defense. He and Griffin made this recruiting class. I feel those two are gonna be studs. Really hope we can redshirt Haliburton and Conditt. They need the weight room bad.

• Agree
Reactions: Psiclone

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Semi-hot take alert - I'm more concerned about NWB jumping after this year if he can keep up his current pace in conference play. Good size for a PG, and at 22 years old now the clock is ticking.

No chance NWB is leaving early. He's played 8 games at the point against mediocre at best competition. Let's see how things go the next 10-12 games. Then we can worry about worrying. Besides, say he does leave early, then you have Wiggy at the point. Would that be so bad? He's not going anywhere either.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Should probably send a thank you note to Illinios and their McDonalds AA that had a problem with THT. They can have a 1 and done experience with a kid who has some "teamwork" problems and we can have 4 years of THT.

Thanks Illinios.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
No chance NWB is leaving early. He's played 8 games at the point against mediocre at best competition. Let's see how things go the next 10-12 games. Then we can worry about worrying. Besides, say he does leave early, then you have Wiggy at the point. Would that be so bad? He's not going anywhere either.

This team is going to have to be better than our wildest expectations (at this point) for either of those guys to jump off the sheet for NBA scouts for next season.

And that would be for one of them, much less both.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron