Stay classy Bielema

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't have a problem with running it up in conference play. I just hate Bielema in general. I could see him getting ****** if someone ran it up on him. That would be awesome. Similar to Jim Harbaugh doing it to Pretty Pete last year.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
They don't list when Rockford defeated Trinity Bible College 105-0 back in 2003.

Rockford's #3 RB had 4 carries in the game...and 4 touchdowns. Trinity Bible just couldn't stop anybody. Literally.

They didn't have a prayer.

It was up there when I looked earlier.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Yup, there it is. I overlooked it.

Personally, I like Michigan's 1902 win.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
I thought the BCS changed it so margin of victory doesn't matter as much anymore?

It doesn't to the computers. There is no way to take it out of the human vote though. When someone that hasn't seen all the games compares common opponent scores stuff like this can have an impact.

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
It doesn't to the computers. There is no way to take it out of the human vote though. When someone that hasn't seen all the games compares common opponent scores stuff like this can have an impact.
Yeah, when you compare one teams beatdown of a team to another teams beatdown of the same team it could mean something, but when you're running the score into the 80's you're a *****.

Last edited by a moderator:

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Yeah, when you compare one teams beatdown of a team to another teams beatdown of the same team it could mean something, but when you're running the score into the 80's you're a pr***.

I am not disagreeing with that at all. It was ridiculous but I didn't see it so I can't fully judge. From the box score it looks pretty bad.

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
I am not disagreeing with that at all. It was ridiculous but I didn't see it so I can't fully judge. From the box score it looks pretty bad.
I remember him in his last iowa/Iowa State game with his snide remarks. It seems like watching him coach he has'nt changed.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
you can click on it to sort by year
Man, what was Kingfisher College thinking going up against Oklahoma 3 times in the 1910s?

I was offered a chance to play college football at Trinity Bible College. The only offer I got to play college ball. This offer came when I was a senior in high school in 2003. So, I go out to their website to see what kind of football team they had. That's where I found out about the 105-0 loss to Rockford. Trinity scored a total of 12 points during the 11 game season in '03. While giving up about 62 points game and were shutout in 9 of the 11 games that season.

As a placekicker, I naturally declined the opportunity to play football for them.

Last edited:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm pretty sure Iowa could have put up 80 points against Indiana last week if they had wanted to.

:spinny:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The people that are whining about Bielma being "not classy" are the same ones that like to flap their gums about Wisconsin playing a "boring style of football."

Funny how "winning" suddenly became so boring. Right now I'd rather have Wisconsin's "boring" offense that put up 83 pts on a conference rival than our supposed "fun and interesting" that was outright pwned by the Colorado defense yesterday...

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
You seriously don't score 83 points without trying. Watching highlights, it looked like they were trying to run up the score even when up by 40. 11 touchdowns. Wow. Stay classy Bielema.

Also, what is the highest amount of points scored in a d-1 game?

Walden deserved everything he got from Bilema. If Walden could have kept his mouth shut, Bilema would have left him alone. Subs were doing the scoring in the second half. John Clay didnt suit up. The Indiana coach had no complaints.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't blame coaches for running up the score. Remember Texas a few years ago got passed over for the conference championship game by Oklahoma because OU looked more dominant in their games and ended up with a higher BCS rating. Perception is a big deal in college football. Now, I don't know if beating up on Indiana really helped or not, but sometimes you just need to instill that attitude in your players to keep playing all the time and never let an opponent gain any momentum.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron