SI reporting ISU working on deal with Campbell

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Something doesn't add up. If it is true he interviewed this morning, know JP there is no way he made an offer without a second interview to go over the more details of what he wants to do with the program. They may have talked about what kind of money JP was going to offer, but I doubt an offer was really on the table. Both sides may have think it went good and told someone that, but hours after the interview I doubt JP is making an offer.

CLONER99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2015
You need to just shut the **** up. Nobody is forcing you to come on here buddy.

I appreciate any info I can get on here, and Jeremy and CW are the only ones on here that have any kind of inside knowledge whatsoever. Is it always completely accurate, no, but it's surely better than nothing, and they are only reporting what they are hearing, so it's not like they are misleading anyone.

Keep up the good work Jeremy! Just ban these tools if you have to.

x2

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
So, is Stitt out of the running, anyone covering the inside maneuverings know?

I see the Griz won their FCS playoff game today, defeating South Dakota State. Griz now 8-4.

Last edited:

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
You need to just shut the **** up. Nobody is forcing you to come on here buddy.

I appreciate any info I can get on here, and Jeremy and CW are the only ones on here that have any kind of inside knowledge whatsoever. Is it always completely accurate, no, but it's surely better than nothing, and they are only reporting what they are hearing, so it's not like they are misleading anyone.

Keep up the good work Jeremy! Just ban these tools if you have to.
Nobody is forcing Jeremy to post his info either. I appreciate him posting it, but he comes off poorly sometimes.

CLONER99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2015
Has Fritz been interviewed...or is he still in the mix?

Asking for a friend.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
As of yesterday, Matt Campbell was firmly entrenched at Toledo....
Matt Campbell's full quote regarding interviewing at Missouri and any other jobs.
CU2YLOkWUAAja_L.png

This really is nothing new. Most coaches say this stuff, and don't mean a word of it.

I wish they would just say that they haven't considered any other jobs and are fully focused on their team right now instead of making it sound like they for sure aren't leaving and have unfinished business left to do.

That's what bothered me the most about Fred leaving us at the time. He kept talking about hanging championship banners in Hilton like that was his goal, and no he wasn't talking about conference tournament banners. So it felt like he left ISU before he accomplished what he set out to do.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
i new ISU was a stepping stone job, just didn't think it would happen over a 12 hour period.

No coach worth his salt in a very prideful industry is going to come here and essentially admit he was the second choice.

Good to know the book is out on our AD that he can be taken advantage off.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Nobody is forcing Jeremy to post his info either. I appreciate him posting it, but he comes off poorly sometimes.

Just man up and deal with it. What is he supposed to do? Be extra nice to you so you're not offended? Really?
If I couldn't get any "inside" info on here, there wouldn't be much point of coming on here or even having this website IMO. I appreciate all the info I get, even if I don't always agree with it.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Something doesn't add up. If it is true he interviewed this morning, know JP there is no way he made an offer without a second interview to go over the more details of what he wants to do with the program. They may have talked about what kind of money JP was going to offer, but I doubt an offer was really on the table. Both sides may have think it went good and told someone that, but hours after the interview I doubt JP is making an offer.

We were probably already interviewing him back in September when Pollard was in Toledo for the OT loss.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
The TV announcers said Brady Hoke was VERY interested in the ISU job. Pollard did fly to Detroit, right? We need to be looking at plans B & C. Plan A is all but dead. Fritz, Fleck, Hoke would be comparable to Campbell.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I'm enjoying Toledo fans and media members calling UT a better job than ISU, as if going 12-1 at a MAC school and making $900k a year while going bowling in Detroit against Louisiana Tech is in any way comparable to having a shot at the Power 5 level making $2 million or more.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The TV announcers said Brady Hoke was VERY interested in the ISU job. Pollard did fly to Detroit, right? We need to be looking at plans B & C. Plan A is all but dead. Fritz, Fleck, Hoke would be comparable to Campbell.

Hoke would not be comparable to Campbell in any way, shape or form

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Seriously, can we stop with the Brady Hoke crap already? The guy would be about as good for Iowa State as Charlie Weis was for Kansas.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I'm enjoying Toledo fans and media members calling UT a better job than ISU, as if going 12-1 at a MAC school and making $900k a year while going bowling in Detroit against Louisiana Tech is in any way comparable to having a shot at the Power 5 level making $2 million or more.

Like when some of us thought the ISU job was better than the Bulls job!

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008

I respect the fans' pride in their Toledo program. I don't take it as an insult to ISU.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If I was a Toledo fan I would come close to saying the same thing. We aren't too far removed from TCU not being in a BCS league and Patterson getting great offers to leave. Heck, it took way longer than I would have imagined for Chris Peterson to leave Boise.