SI reporting ISU working on deal with Campbell

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Of course there is. It's a fans message board. That's what we do.

If you want concrete information only, then you'll have to wait until the deal is signed and over with. The whole fun of these boards is trying to figure out what's going on before you really have any clue.
a moment of clone dude brilliance. There may be hope for a great coach,

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
did everyone know that the UP was a gift from the federal government to Michigan when they lost Toledo to Ohio in the Michigan-Ohio war?

personally, i'll take the UP.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Like when some of us thought the ISU job was better than the Bulls job!

It obviously isn't a better job than the Bulls job, but I think coaching at ISU would be a LOT more fun and enjoyable. If it were me, I'd never leave ISU for the Bulls unless I just couldn't get along with my AD at all.

NBA basketball is just SO boring IMO. I don't think I could stomach watching 82 games of that crap every year as head coach. Terrible basketball, lame crowds, tons of meaningless games, etc, etc, etc. It's not for me obviously, but I guess it was for Fred. Kudos to him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It obviously isn't a better job than the Bulls job, but I think coaching at ISU would be a LOT more fun and enjoyable. If it were me, I'd never leave ISU for the Bulls unless I just couldn't get along with my AD at all.

NBA basketball is just SO boring IMO. I don't think I could stomach watching 82 games of that crap every year as head coach. Terrible basketball, lame crowds, tons of meaningless games, etc, etc, etc. It's not for me obviously, but I guess it was for Fred. Kudos to him.
To stay in college you have to love to recruit, and I don't think Fred loved it.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Can we just hire Fritz and announce it already? I get it's a business, but I just feel like Campbell is using us to get more money from another school

Bad take

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
did everyone know that the UP was a gift from the federal government to Michigan when they lost Toledo to Ohio in the Michigan-Ohio war?

personally, i'll take the UP.

I'm pretty sure Michigan WON that war. I mean, they weren't fighting to KEEP Toledo, we're they??

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I'm pretty sure Michigan WON that war. I mean, they weren't fighting to KEEP Toledo, we're they??

Ha! Ya man Toledo had a port. UP was just Indian territory. it worked out for MI but at the time it was considered a win for Ohio.

DuneFan

Nov 7, 2015
Can we just hire Fritz and announce it already? I get it's a business, but I just feel like Campbell is using us to get more money from another school

Missouri, in particular. Paul Clark is reporting on that "other" site that he is in contact with Missouri officials.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
If I was a Toledo fan I would come close to saying the same thing. We aren't too far removed from TCU not being in a BCS league and Patterson getting great offers to leave. Heck, it took way longer than I would have imagined for Chris Peterson to leave Boise.

Not my style. If you're a competitor, you want a shot at the highest level. Because if you're as good as you think you are and as good as you want to be, you'll win. People have won at every Power 5 school (even Iowa State had a 9-win season).

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Correct. That's why I'm saying "IF" we did that, then JP should be fired.

Hate to rain on your parade, but there is a chance a contact won't be signed for a while. That is pretty common in coqching hires.

If JP did cancel other interviews, he must have had a verbal agreement with Campbell on salary and years. Sounds like Campbell might have had second thoughts. Might be Toledo coming with more momey, but my guess is another school Might have an interest.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
With everything going on down there you'd think hiring the former player will help hold the team together better than anything else

My guess is that there is a lot of booster pressure to hire the DC for that reason and the second interview is to appease them if he doesn't get the job. Or he could be the legit leader, who knows.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron