Should Xavier sit out at TCU

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
So can he sit out like Breece?
I mean, he could say he doesn’t want to play.

I was saying that Breece Hall was the consensus #1 RB in the 2022 draft class. There was no reason for him to continue playing in any meaningless game last year.

Hutchinson is not the consensus #1 WR. Currently that’s the TCU WR. In fact, he’s not even in the top 10, and most analysts don’t have him being drafted at all. So, for his sake, he needs as much film and exposure as possible, and that includes a nationwide broadcast this weekend. That’s why I am saying he should be playing.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If anything, the opportunity to show out against the #4 team in the country is probably one he should take. Could only climb the draft board at this point imo.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I know he has had some drops but that tends to happen when you have been targeted over 150 times on the season.

Drops. They have caused his draft possibilities to drop. Possible late round pick sitting out because of injury fear will not help him.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He's earned the right to choose way he wants to do. I imagine he plays, but wouldn't fault him if he didn't.

• Winner
Reactions: Daserop

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I know I’ll get a lot of pushback, and probably a lot of “dumbs” and “laughing emoji” responses, but I think we’re going to end TCU’s playoff hopes next week.
Really no one would be surprised. We'll get to be happy for 30 minutes and then well go "damn, its over.. how the hell did they lose to Kansas, KSU, Tex, OSU, TT?" The last 3 years we've lost 3 games a year that were complete head scratchers. This year that # is 5.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
If I'm leaving for the draft, and my team sucks, I probably don't play in the final game. No chance at a bowl. Your coach punted with one time out and a couple of minutes left in the game down less than a touchdown last night. What's the point?

If you're "leaving for the draft", but you're likely a 6th/7th round pick, then not playing shows only that you're arrogant and horribly unaware and likely will go undrafted. At least if he plays he has a chance to maintain or improve his draft standings.

Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron