Should Xavier sit out at TCU

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Love the dude and he’s been everything for us, but right now he’s not in any Top 20 WRs in the draft list. Some have him around 25th WR so he’s likely 6th or 7th round if in the draft at all.
And that just boggles my mind. What is it that hes lacking that isn’t moving him up higher On the draft projections?

fnclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2010
And that just boggles my mind. What is it that hes lacking that isn’t moving him up higher On the draft projections?
Draft projections aren't talent based at all. JaMarcus Russell was a number 1 pick. Alex Smith went ahead of Aaron Rodgers. Tom Brady was a late round pick. There are so many first round busts at qb and receiver...Lazard will have a long career, if he wants, but wasn't a high draft pick. He will have the chance to prove himself...he will make it or he wont.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Similar conversation about Hall for last year's bowl game. Guess he should have sat out game 7 this yr w/ the Jets to avoid a potential injury.

Lesson is, play, don't worry, anything can happen at any time.

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Similar conversation about Hall for last year's bowl game. Guess he should have sat out game 7 this yr w/ the Jets to avoid a potential injury.

Except Hall is getting paid now. X should play vs TCU, but I support Hall sitting out vs Clemson.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

What happens if that injury happened against Clemson?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
He needs to play in this game more than he needs to sit it out in terms of the next level imo.

Meaningless Bowl games I get it but sitting out a regular season seems crazy. I’m sure guys would, but X doesn’t seem to be of that character.

Reactions: VeloClone

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
He's not exactly topping the draft boards. There's still room to ascend for him yet. I can see it both ways, but it seems to me that adding more stats and highlights would still help him more as it stands now.

Reactions: Jer