Remembering food and beverages from childhood

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
We had a mom and pop gas station in my hometown that sold Doritos and Cheetos in aluminum cans. People think I’m weird when I bring it up in conversation. Anybody else have these?
I've eaten a bunch of Doritos and Cheetos in my lifetime and that is the first time I've ever seen that.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Do they still make the frozen concentrate juice in a can? I used to just eat the apple juice like a slushee.
Honestly that is a good question. Because I have an amazing Daiquiri recipe made with a can of frozen lemon and a can of frozen lime juice. My mom used to make it and I made it a few times years ago. The stuff is dangerously good.

Now I am going to have to look because I want some!! LOL

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Do they still make the frozen concentrate juice in a can? I used to just eat the apple juice like a slushee.

I would think so but I haven't looked for it in decades.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Maybe one of you older folks can help me remember a snack - it was basically a cheesy chex mix, but it was before Chex started marketing their own bagged snack mixes. The reason I liked it is because it didn't have the "filler" type breadsticks/pretzels.
I feel like it started with a doodle or something like that. It came in a box, not a snack bag.
Dang it, I thought I had it with "Tidbits", but that wasn't it. :(

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I remember having these but they weren’t around long.

Called Curly Wurly English chocolate - Used to get them at the Brit store in any of its three locations. Now potentially available at Mucky Duck Pub but since my parents passed not been there. 1675092182835.png

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I chat with a group of friends from high school from time to time and this was brought up the other day. From what I recall, the chunks were absolutely disgusting.
Same! LOL.....those are the things that someone made money while they could...no way they thought folks would continue to buy? The novelty factor, lol.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Maybe one of you older folks can help me remember a snack - it was basically a cheesy chex mix, but it was before Chex started marketing their own bagged snack mixes. The reason I liked it is because it didn't have the "filler" type breadsticks/pretzels.
I feel like it started with a doodle or something like that. It came in a box, not a snack bag.

Doo Dads, maybe?

• Winner
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I love Chex Mix, but Doo Dads were so much better. I thought about mentioning them earlier, so thanks for getting them in here!
I figured out why I remembered Tidbits - they were one of the five ingredients. DooDads had pretzels, but they were the thin sticks, not big chunks or circles that dried out your mouth. And peanuts...BONUS!
HyVee makes a pretty good snack mix thaT Lincoln Center used to carry all the time back near the bakery, but now they only make it every once in a while. They had it available around Christmas/New Year's Eve, but I had already made a chex mix of my own. Theirs is better. :oops:
:(