Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Started this thread to avoid overtaking 2speedy1's thread asking for help identifying a food.

What do you remember eating or drinking from childhood? Or not eating?
I got to take Seven Up candy bars to school as a birthday treat one year. Didn't like one or two of the seven fillings, but I was never going to give away chocolate to a sibling.

Reactions: 2speedy1 and NWICY

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
  • Winner
  • Love
Reactions: kbud and TXCyclones

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Wasn't really during childhood, but three candy novelties come to mind:

*Soda-flavored bubble gum with liquid centers (Dr Pepper, A&W, 7up?)
*Gatorade gum
*Warheads/Mega Warheads -- could get them in large quantities at an outlet store about 20 minutes away

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
These cans for the win
yokrqjs1xsg31.jpg

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I remember having Tang as a kid. "It's Just Not for Breakfast Anymore". If it was good enough for the astronauts, it was good enough for me.

For some reason, I had a thing for Charleston Chew candy bars. Don't think they sell them in stores anymore, but notice they sell online in bulk on Ebay. Not sure what a 40 year old candy bar tastes like.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I remember having these but they weren’t around long.

You can still find these except they aren't called "Marathon" anymore. Cadbury makes and distributes them in Europe under "Curly Wurly". (they couldn't call it "Marathon" in England because a Snickers bar in the UK was called the Marathon bar).

• Informative
Reactions: baller21

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I used to LOVE Spree valentine hearts. They were red and white. I pounded them down during Valentine's season...miss those! Also...Checkermint Bubble Yum! Best gum ever!

Reactions: Aln4isu

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I remember having Tang as a kid. "It's Just Not for Breakfast Anymore". If it was good enough for the astronauts, it was good enough for me.

For some reason, I had a thing for Charleston Chew candy bars. Don't think they sell them in stores anymore, but notice they sell online in bulk on Ebay. Not sure what a 40 year old candy bar tastes like.
You can still get Charleston Chews in stores, I’ll get some once in awhile.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Any of you looking for candy from your childhood and you live around Iowa/Minnesota, this is a destination trip for you. I took the kids once on our way back from Minneapolis and we spent way too much on old school candy. They re-open in the spring I think.

Minnesota's largest candy store

Photos

Reactions: NWICY