Remembering food and beverages from childhood

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Pizza Hut is sitting on a gold mine if they would just bring back their pan pizza before it sucked and charge the extra $5 to have decent ingredients on it and make it more fresh.

Look at youtube videos where professional cooks/foodies make their own pan pizzas in 12" cast iron pans, people go absolutely nuts for it. Almost all the comments are about how good pizza hut used to be before the race to the bottom for crappy cheap pizza.

It would be a great idea for a business and you could market it as "Pan pizza you remember from childhood" without actually mentioning Pizza Hut, the implication would be that Pizza Hut sucks now but used to be good.

Their thin crust and hand tossed was good in the 80s/early 90s too but you can get similar a million places.
100%

It was a treat to get a pan pizza there....crispy edges, crust that was crispy/soft all at the same time.

And also agree on the hand tossed..it was great.

The couple times I've had pizza hut the last 15 years essentially is on par with the cheap pizzas.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
As a HS freshman and sophomore since someone mentioned HS, this is what I remember

1675111574046.png

Peel that label and all you got is a 2 liter of mellow Yellow. You said MY because no other person would want to drink that stuff.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Nothing said summer day at the public pool quite like this used to...

1675112320178.png

Pretty sure I still have some lodged between my bottom 1st and 2nd molars.

Reactions: CyState85

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Pizza Hut is sitting on a gold mine if they would just bring back their pan pizza before it sucked and charge the extra $5 to have decent ingredients on it and make it more fresh.

Look at youtube videos where professional cooks/foodies make their own pan pizzas in 12" cast iron pans, people go absolutely nuts for it. Almost all the comments are about how good pizza hut used to be before the race to the bottom for crappy cheap pizza.

It would be a great idea for a business and you could market it as "Pan pizza you remember from childhood" without actually mentioning Pizza Hut, the implication would be that Pizza Hut sucks now but used to be good.

Their thin crust and hand tossed was good in the 80s/early 90s too but you can get similar a million places.
Pizza Hut pizza used to be really good for a pizza chain. The ingredients were decent and the pan pizza was great. Many pizza places don't even offer pan pizzas so bringing that back could carve out a little niche.

Reactions: BCClone