RECRUITING: Cyclones contact Tamin Lipsey on the first official day of 2022 recruiting

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
If there aren't enough teachers and staff, who do you suggest supervise the kids at school?
The wording of your original post was confusing. I originally interpreted it as "their trouble with staffing was caused by going 100% online". But now I understand you were saying that they had to go 100% online because they didn't have enough staff to continue with in-person learning.

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
Schools were shown to be relatively safe back in spring/summer when many European and Asian countries had schools opened and weren't finding much transmission among students. I don't know why most of the country continues to ignore this.
Safe for who? Teachers, administrators, cafeteria workers....any adult--not so much. And guess what, it takes adults to run the school. A bunch of teachers, etc., out due to COVID means no in-person school. Also, due to this pandemic response being run by state and local officials, "safety measures" in schools vary wildly from district to district. I don't know why most of the country continues to ignore this.

• Dumb
Reactions: brett108

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Safe for who? Teachers, administrators, cafeteria workers....any adult--not so much. And guess what, it takes adults to run the school. A bunch of teachers, etc., out due to COVID means no in-person school. Also, due to this pandemic response being run by state and local officials, "safety measures" in schools vary wildly from district to district. I don't know why most of the country continues to ignore this.
Safe for everyone. That was the whole point.

The studies included “when social distancing is observed”. What, you think stuff happens in a vacuum?
If there aren't enough teachers and staff, who do you suggest supervise the kids at school?
You literally said “that’s the issue”. I was saying it wasn’t the only one.

Go back and read it again.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
If you are insulating he might transfer schools, IMO basketball is different than football. He can start playing AAU ball in April. From a recruiting standpoint, that is a bigger deal.

Is it Tamin or Cycloner29 that will be doing the insulation work? gonna be a cold winter - may need to boost up our insulation a bit

• Haha
Reactions: t-noah

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Schools were shown to be relatively safe back in spring/summer when many European and Asian countries had schools opened and weren't finding much transmission among students. I don't know why most of the country continues to ignore this.

Kids in school are forced to follow mask rules etc. much safer than if meeting friends at McDonalds for lunch

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Presented with science you immediately default to the studies being wrong or unqualified.

Europe has shown the way. You want to stop spread? Schools can stay open, close your bars and restaurants. The end.

• Winner
  • Dumb
Reactions: Aclone and Cytown12

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Kids in school are forced to follow mask rules etc. much safer than if meeting friends at McDonalds for lunch

Carlisle might be an outlier, but they still allow open campus lunch.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
You mean it was safe for kids to go back to school in all the places that locked down and basically eradicated the virus? Shocking!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

No, statistics show that it is safer at schools than out in the general population.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is it Tamin or Cycloner29 that will be doing the insulation work? gonna be a cold winter - may need to boost up our insulation a bit

I actually looked at mine when the roofers had to replace 4 sheets of plywood. Got about a 6-8" layer of blown Owens- Corning above the joists so it looked good.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
You mean it was safe for kids to go back to school in all the places that locked down and basically eradicated the virus? Shocking!
Europe eradicated the virus? Might want to check your figures again. Also, kids were still going to daycare throughout the entirety of the pandemic. Cases rose and fell, rose and fell again throughout all of it.

Reactions: MJN

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
What I meant is the kids would have more time to be social while being unsupervised

I understood what you meant. It's good they're being supervised in school, but I think it's counterproductive to allow them to leave the school for lunch and possibly congregate without masks.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Europe eradicated the virus? Might want to check your figures again. Also, kids were still going to daycare throughout the entirety of the pandemic. Cases rose and fell, rose and fell again throughout all of it.
A lot closer to it than us, yeah
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200622125748-us-eu-coronavirus-comparison-graph.jpg

• Dumb
Reactions: MJN and TheHelgo

Help Support Us

Become a patron