RECRUITING: Cyclones contact Tamin Lipsey on the first official day of 2022 recruiting

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Was he rated higher previously? 3 star on both big services and only offers are Nebraska and the Cyclones. I thought he was like a borderline 5 star guy.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Was he rated higher previously? 3 star on both big services and only offers are Nebraska and the Cyclones. I thought he was like a borderline 5 star guy.
He was one of the top prospects in the country before tearing his acl

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I almost feel like Prohm is going to be given the chance to stay because he seems to be in on Lipsey.
JP needs his flippin head examined if he will be basing a termination decision on the perceived relationship between Prohm and an unsigned recruit.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
JP needs his flippin head examined if he will be basing a termination decision on the perceived relationship between Prohm and an unsigned recruit.
Okay, while that's true, Prohm isn't going to be fired after this next season. Then after that, if he's able to sign Lipsey, I see Prohm being granted another year after if the year after next isn't good.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Has a very similar arc to Peter Jok's recruitment. Was considered a very high major recruit early in high school, but injury problems effected his recruiting stock and offers.

Reactions: isu81

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The more I see him play, you can tell he watched and looked up to Monte. He plays with a similar pace. He isn't out there trying to be the fastest or quickest the entire time hes on the floor. He sets up a lot of his moves well before he attacks by changing speeds to get the defense off guard and then when they are a bit off balance, he strikes. Monte was one of the best I've ever seen at this, I feel like you can that in TL's game.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
He's 6'1"

Him being 6'1" and the knee injury will likely keep him in a range that gives us a good chance to keep him in Ames. If Michigan or blue blood offers were to come that would be tough for him to turn down. This could end up being a Steve/ISU vs Fred/Nebrasketball battle imo.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Him being 6'1" and the knee injury will likely keep him in a range that gives us a good chance to keep him in Ames. If Michigan or blue blood offers were to come that would be tough for him to turn down. This could end up being a Steve/ISU vs Fred/Nebrasketball battle imo.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him sprout another couple inches, and I also wouldn't be too scared of Michigan at the moment, but I understand what you're saying. If it does come down to Nebraska and Iowa State, I would say Iowa State has the strong edge. Fred hasn't shown any indication of being able to make his program successful yet, so this next year for both schools is pretty important.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised to see him sprout another couple inches, and I also wouldn't be too scared of Michigan at the moment, but I understand what you're saying. If it does come down to Nebraska and Iowa State, I would say Iowa State has the strong edge. Fred hasn't shown any indication of being able to make his program successful yet, so this next year for both schools is pretty important.
Fred’s contract makes it seem unlikely he’ll be at NU for much of Tamin’s career.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron