Real sad Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think it's funny people are saying it's the whole production they're mad about when it's really the decision at the end of the production. If he does the same thing and picks ISU everyone is saying how awesome it was. Instead people are saying how they think he's classless for inviting everyone when they're really just ****** he isn't coming here.

Stelrs1995

Apr 17, 2006
Waukee, Iowa
1. He's the top recruit in the country. Obviously it's going to be made public. And it's not like he personally invited all Iowa State fans.

2. I don't see how calling Roy on Skype is bad at all. If Greg's face showed up you'd be completely fine with it.

Are you serious? I can't recall ever seeing a production like this from a high school recruit. And the Skype thing was very tacky, just pick up a phone and call him. I personally hate Roy Williams as do most true ISU fans and seeing his **** eating grin made my skin crawl. I personally hope Harrison has a great life, I just won't be following it. My focus is totally on OUR team now, and they looked like a greatly improved team tonight. Go Cyclones. Oh and another thing, it will be fun seeing 1000 or so people in Hilton for the nationally televised game for Ames. Maybe they will pull the curtain down to help the atmosphere.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
I think it's funny people are saying it's the whole production they're mad about when it's really the decision at the end of the production. If he does the same thing and picks ISU everyone is saying how awesome it was. Instead people are saying how they think he's classless for inviting everyone when they're really just ****** he isn't coming here.

I will tell you right now. I am disappointed. No doubt about that. I will also be real and admit that I would be more willing to accept the skype deal if it was GMac on the other end. As annoying as you've been tonight, you raise a valid point here.

However, I will also say this:

1) I about puked when he started firing up the skype thing. Embarassing and low rent you ask me. Cheesey at best.

2) You're comparing apples and oranges when you talk about the "what if the shoe was on the other foot" scenario. The difference is UNC didn't have 10% of the investment in this deal ISU did and it wasn't on their home turf. I hope you can see that difference.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
So he didn't come to ISU, and it sucks
I can hardly fault him for going to NC, or if he'd gone to Duke or UCLA
If he'd gone to Kansas or OK, I'd be buying tickets as close to the floor as possible, just to yell the worst insults I could think of to rattle him
It's all in the past now, he can join the world of ISU could've beens
I bet he's having tea with Wesley Johnson, Chizik and Shane Power right now. Philip Bates would have been there but he's preparing to play 3rd string WR at Ohio U right now.

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
I really don't see how everybody suddenly hates Harrison for not choosing ISU. People are just selfish and ignorant. Nobody on this site really cares about him and his future, all they care about is him going to Iowa State. Who cares after that?

Whatever, Im upset that we didnt get him, but im not going to start hating him for choosing his own future.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
I really don't see how everybody suddenly hates Harrison for not choosing ISU. People are just selfish and ignorant. Nobody on this site really cares about him and his future, all they care about is him going to Iowa State. Who cares after that?

Whatever, Im upset that we didnt get him, but im not going to start hating him for choosing his own future.

You just don't get it do you? How many more posts will it take?

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I think you're the one being ignorant. You're bashing him for not going to the school you wanted him to go to. Boo hoo.

Also, if you think he purposely invited a bunch of Cyclone fans planning to let us down all long, then you're really stupid. It was open to the public...maybe because people actually support him and don't just care about themselves and what they want.

Believe it or not, there are actually people living in Ames who respect HB and support him. Those are the people Harrison and his family wanted there. They didn't want people coming that would just start hating him for not going to I State.

First, you're on a Cyclone web site. Go find the Ames public web site.

Second, the point wasn't that he chose another school, it was how he went about the process of using ISU and then setting up a national audience to watch him stab them in the back. All while knowing that a large portion of the people in attendance were ISU fans.

Most people on here understand how poorly the announcement came across to the ISU fan base. Most of these don't hang out in the Ames high school parking lot after school but have actually attended this great university. This again is an ISU board, not a web site dedicated to Ames high school, the city of Ames, or Barnes.

I really wonder if kids growing up in Ames understand the benefits a great university like ISU adds to your community. I think they take these benefits for granted. The advantages are huge. Barnes' actions and the lack of understanding why this is a kick in the nads is mind boggling.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
You just don't get it do you? How many more posts will it take?

No, you don't get it sir.

I fully understand why people are upset. They thought Iowa State had a shot and landing the number one recruit.

Fact is we didn't. Nobody should start hating HB for choosing the school that best fits him. Anyone posting messages about how he handled it poorly is just someone who is angry and selfish. Get over it already

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
He didn't have the press conference at Hilton. He had it at Ames High...his school.

I have no problem with him inviting the public. It's a big deal for the city and the school and people should be able to come see it. Thinking that makes ISU the choice is foolish.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

I fully understand why people are upset. They thought Iowa State had a shot and landing the number one recruit.

Fact is we didn't. Nobody should start hating HB for choosing the school that best fits him. Anyone posting messages about how he handled it poorly is just someone who is angry and selfish. Get over it already
Let me spell it. H-E P-L-A-Y-E-D U-S.

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
Well im sorry that your dreams were crushed. Im sorry that Harrison didnt change his whole life so you would be satisfied.

try to be a bit more selfish.

fbomber

Apr 10, 2009
Originally Posted by cyclonepower02
True ISU fans should hate Roy Williams why? Harrison chose to go to UNC. It's not like Roy came over and kidnapped him.
Because he is the coach at UNC. Seriously...who did you root for when we played them in the tournament?

He rooted for Harrison Barnes.

Stelrs1995

Apr 17, 2006
Waukee, Iowa

I do not in no way hate Harrison, I am not mad he didn't choose ISU. I am upset at how he played the ISU fans so he could fill up the gym for his "production".

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
I can't tell if you are adults or little kids. We haven't seen a production like this before....uhh maybe because we don't have recruits like this....ever. I'm sure what he did was fairly standard as far as top recruits go.

It's strange, I was thinking the kid won a state title for AMES and plays currently for the high school in AMES. By inviting the people of AMES, I think he was inviting them to take part in a big step in his life. You people are crazy if you think he intended to dis ISU by doing it this way. What was he supposed to say I want the people of Ames who have been so awesome to me to come to the ceremony...unless you are also a Cyclone fan.

I can't stand roy the rat, in that regard it was a bad decision.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis

So you're fully in support of all cheese-**** HS basketball players skyping their decision to the coach and filling their gym with the runner-up's fans to make themsevles look good on ESPN?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
True ISU fans should hate Roy Williams why? Harrison chose to go to UNC. It's not like Roy came over and kidnapped him.

You don't understand why ISU fans have such a strong dislike for Roy Williams? Really? And you call yourself a Cyclone fan?

Maybe a little Cyclone fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.