Real sad Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
No matter what people would have thought he played us if he didnt chose Iowa State. Did you honestly think he was coming to Iowa State for sure after it was opened to the public?

It would have been open to the public even if Iowa State wasn't on his list.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Originally Posted by cyclonepower02
True ISU fans should hate Roy Williams why? Harrison chose to go to UNC. It's not like Roy came over and kidnapped him.
Because he is the coach at UNC. Seriously...who did you root for when we played them in the tournament?

He rooted for Harrison Barnes.

I wish him no personal injury...but as a fan of ISU I wish him and UNC no luck. I hope they lose every game. I'd feel the same way about UNC if he chose Duke.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
So you're fully in support of all cheese-**** HS basketball players skyping their decision to the coach and filling their gym with the runner-up's fans to make themsevles look good on ESPN?

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

I don't believe for a second we were even runner-ups. I would bet on 6th place. Didn't hb do an interview where he listed the other 5 schools, and then at the end had to remember to add-in ISU.

Yeah. We were played.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Well im sorry that your dreams were crushed. Im sorry that Harrison didnt change his whole life so you would be satisfied.

try to be a bit more selfish.

Dude, first of all, I think we all have bigger dreams than Harrison Barnes coming to ISU.
Second, for the 100th time, it's not the decision that most people take exception to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stelrs1995

Apr 17, 2006
Waukee, Iowa
No matter what people would have thought he played us if he didnt chose Iowa State. Did you honestly think he was coming to Iowa State for sure after it was opened to the public?

But there wouldn't have been 100's of ISU fans there, that is our point.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
It reminds me of the movie... American Pie... where the guy uses the nice girl to learn how to become better at sex... and then thinks the nice girl is happy to learn he's getting his chance at the "hot" girl. In the movie however the guy ended up having more class.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
My point: It was your decision to come to the press conference. It was open to the public because it was a nationally televised event. It wasn't an invitation for Cyclones fans to see him sign with Iowa State

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

Too bad Iowa State was on his list. Everyone would be over this by now had he eliminated us even one day sooner. Are you really not understanding the frustration with how he handled this?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Is your first name Seth? And do you attend Ames High?

It is almost comical watching the hb fans and Ames alums try and spin this, isn't it? It is almost like they are personally invested.

Me, I had a guy I knew from high school play in 4 SuperBowls and win 2, and retired as the winningest active player in the NFL. Yeah it is sorta cool, doesn't change my life any today really.

fbomber

Apr 10, 2009
Well im sorry that your dreams were crushed. Im sorry that Harrison didnt change his whole life so you would be satisfied.

try to be a bit more selfish.

Seriously dude, why can't you figure out that it was the production and not the choice that has everyone upset?

HB has the right to choose whatever school he wants.

He didn't have to invite the public of a town where ISU is located, while ISU was a finalist.

He didn't have to show Deputy Dawg's ugly mug on Skype to let ISU fans that he was going to UNC.

G-Mac, and all of the other coaches for that matter (Deputy Dawg included) deserved to know before this whole big production, what school he was going to attend.

"Hey Coach McDermott, I'm not sure what you've got going on at 3:15 pm on Friday, but I need to use you, I mean, if I decide to go to ISU be sure to be by your lap top!"

Give me a freakin break.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
My point: It was your decision to come to the press conference. It was open to the public because it was a nationally televised event. It wasn't an invitation for Cyclones fans to see him sign with Iowa State

Fine...but for as much as this kids class and intelligence was talked up he should have realized how much of a kick in the nuts this would be to all of ISU. Period, end of story.

Many other ways to announce your LOI than a circus.

Cy1969

Nov 3, 2009
No, you don't get it sir.

I fully understand why people are upset. They thought Iowa State had a shot and landing the number one recruit.

Fact is we didn't. Nobody should start hating HB for choosing the school that best fits him. Anyone posting messages about how he handled it poorly is just someone who is angry and selfish. Get over it already

You obviously DON'T get it......

People are disappointed that he isn't coming to Iowa State, that's for sure. But people are more disappointed in the way that this thing was orchestrated.

He strung along a group of people that were there before he was who he is now. He, and his family, showed very little regard for the people that they have to spend the next six months of their lives living around.

Pick UNC, I think everybody gets why that is a great choice. The thing is that when you opened this to the public, they are smart enough people to understand what that implied. Doing this in order to get a crowd there for ESPN shows even less regard for the people that live in the area.

THAT is why people are upset.......Then to go on and say that your "relationship" with a coach that only has been in on you for a year is why does nothing to help the coach of the team that you will "always be a fan of."

He knew how many people that he disappointed today. That is not the problem, because everyone but the school he chose was going to be disappointed. The problem was that even after he took the air out of a room, he still had a chance to throw Greg a bone, and talk him up on TV. He didn't even do that.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis

It's almost bed time, junior. Why don't you hit the sack so you can get up early and watch cartoons in the morning?

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
I find it funny that people are quick to point out a disapointed Cyclone fan as selfish. I need to let those people in on a little candid secret, we are we are fully invested in our university, we give back to the university we have a right to be ******. The kid went to a different school the sun will still come up tomorrow. the one thing I will say is the people accusing Cyclone fans as being selfish I question if they are really fans and chear for ISU with their whole heart or are just fence riders that purchased a cyclone tshirt some where.........oh and yes I am sad and upset HB will not be in Cardinal and Gold as well. He could elevated his roll modle status for all Iowa athileats. but he decided to go out side the state good for him I hope it works out. We will win with the players we have and Coach Mac.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
You obviously DON'T get it......

People are disappointed that he isn't coming to Iowa State, that's for sure. But people are more disappointed in the way that this thing was orchestrated.

He strung along a group of people that were there before he was who he is now. He, and his family, showed very little regard for the people that they have to spend the next six months of their lives living around.

Pick UNC, I think everybody gets why that is a great choice. The thing is that when you opened this to the public, they are smart enough people to understand what that implied. Doing this in order to get a crowd there for ESPN shows even less regard for the people that live in the area.

THAT is why people are upset.......Then to go on and say that your "relationship" with a coach that only has been in on you for a year is why does nothing to help the coach of the team that you will "always be a fan of."

He knew how many people that he disappointed today. That is not the problem, because everyone but the school he chose was going to be disappointed. The problem was that even after he took the air out of a room, he still had a chance to throw Greg a bone, and talk him up on TV. He didn't even do that.

I mean jesus....CY1969 and I are even in agreement on this.

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
Many of you are forgetting that this was on ESPN. Maybe he wanted to put on a show for the UNC fans of the world. I have nothing wrong with the whole skype thing.

as for inviting the public: i think he just wanted people to be able to come and watch. it was exciting, nobody can deny that. I may disagree with you on whether or not he "played us"

at the end of the day were all cyclones fans and all that matters is opening up a can of whoop *** on colorado tomorrow. so im done arguing.

Aaron Jacobs

Sep 24, 2007
Robins, IA
People need to calm down. It was an open press conference because he thought the people of Ames were classy enough to support him where ever he decided to go.

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006
No, you don't get it sir.

I fully understand why people are upset. They thought Iowa State had a shot and landing the number one recruit.

Fact is we didn't. Nobody should start hating HB for choosing the school that best fits him. Anyone posting messages about how he handled it poorly is just someone who is angry and selfish. Get over it already

Then tell us that. Don't string us along. Then open it to the public. Heck I might have even showed up still. But stringing us along the whole time saying yeah your still in it, then inviting me(ISU fan) to your press conference knowing that your just going to crush my hopes is bush league.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
People need to calm down. It was an open press conference because he thought the people of Ames were classy enough to support him where ever he decided to go.

And I guess we made the mistake of thinking the golden boy, Harrison Barnes, was classy enough to conduct himself in a respectful manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.