Rashad Vaughn - Not going to ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

toonkee

Feb 11, 2014
More than Duke, too. Sick of UNLV fans acting like attendance is a selling point. Duke has less fans than ISU and Michigan State is about the same as us

The post I quoted said UNLV needed to focus on buying tickets and support their program, so my point was that there is quite a bit of support.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
But yet we are to believe this kid thinks Dave Rice who is 0-4 in his career in the NCAA tournament can get this young but talented group to the Final Four. Yeah right. Dave Rice is good at getting a breifcase delivered and that is all. How is that Running Rebel team faring this year against the mighty MW. Well maybe Rice can win a game in the NIT.

toonkee

Feb 11, 2014
But yet we are to believe this kid thinks Dave Rice who is 0-4 in his career in the NCAA tournament can get this young but talented group to the Final Four. Yeah right. Dave Rice is good at getting a breifcase delivered and that is all. How is that Running Rebel team faring this year against the mighty MW. Well maybe Rice can win a game in the NIT.

Rice is 0-2, but who's counting?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
When you play two Top 40 teams the entire year how difficult is it to make the tournament? We don't know because we play 14 games a year against Top 40 teams.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Would have been a nice get, but NO program hinges on one player. Rome wasn't built in a day, and even though Fred is off to a fast start, our program won't be either. We continue to do more with less, and with each recruiting class, things continue to improve. The trend is our friend, and the future has never looked brighter. We're going to get there. Our program has a rock solid foundation.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I'm surprised this thread is still open, not sure what the point is. I think everyone is basically ready to move on.

Seedman

Jan 13, 2011
Ames
Dear Pete Kaffey,

I appreciate your efforts to convince Rashad Vaughn to transfer to Findlay Prep and commit to UNLV! As promised, we have set you up as Findlay Prep assistant coach and will ensure you are financially set for life in an untraceable manner.

It is Vegas baby, we can make it happen! Your criminal background and robbery charges actually played to your advantage in this case. :)

Cliff Findlay, UNLV booster

'Package deal' for former Cooper star Vaughn draws scrutiny | Star Tribune

toonkee

Feb 11, 2014
When you play two Top 40 teams the entire year how difficult is it to make the tournament? We don't know because we play 14 games a year against Top 40 teams.

It cuts both ways. The more good teams you play the higher the RPI and more chances there are to establish yourself. Anyway, Off the top of my head, UNLV routinely has has non-con games versus AZ, Wisconsin, Louisville, Illinois (I think I remember the Rebels beating the Cyclones a year or two ago as well) and next year has Kansas, Duke, Louisville and AZ. Also MWC has some pretty tough games. Try going in to The Pit in NM or Viejas in San Diego and getting a W. I'm not saying the conference is better than the Big-12 but the MWC deserves a little credit. Also, just off the top of my head, I count 8 RPI top 40 teams the Rebels have played or will play this year, although I will conceed the schedule is a little softer this year.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
It cuts both ways. The more good teams you play the higher the RPI and more chances there are to establish yourself. Anyway, Off the top of my head, UNLV routinely has has non-con games versus AZ, Wisconsin, Louisville, Illinois (I think I remember the Rebels beating the Cyclones a year or two ago as well) and next year has Kansas, Duke, Louisville and AZ. Also MWC has some pretty tough games. Try going in to The Pit in NM or Viejas in San Diego and getting a W. I'm not saying the conference is better than the Big-12 but the MWC deserves a little credit. Also, just off the top of my head, I count 8 RPI top 40 teams the Rebels have played or will play this year, although I will conceed the schedule is a little softer this year.

The MWC is ranked as the 10th best conference this year... so it's not good.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Because when you can play the Wyoming's of college basketball every night, you do it. UNLV might Wichita State the Mountain West next season. (All due respect to Larry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron