Rashad Vaughn - Not going to ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Yes, this year is down. Look at last year though. I'll save you the google. It was #1. Like I said, I'm not saying the MWC is better than the Big 12, its just probably better than you think most years.

Ask anyone not in the MWC to name who is in the MWC. I'll save you the trouble, nobody knows jack about the MWC because its an irrelevant conference that will probably fall due to realignment.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
After living out west for a while, I have a healthy respect for the MWC in basketball, but in the tournament they probably weren't a Top 5 conference even last year.

EDIT: To be fair, I should add the B12 didn't show up to the tournament either...

Last edited:

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I'll make it real easy for you. Scott Drew is to the Big 12 what Dave Rice is to the MW.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
The motto in Vegas should be "Creating ways to lose with superior talent."

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It cuts both ways. The more good teams you play the higher the RPI and more chances there are to establish yourself. Anyway, Off the top of my head, UNLV routinely has has non-con games versus AZ, Wisconsin, Louisville, Illinois (I think I remember the Rebels beating the Cyclones a year or two ago as well) and next year has Kansas, Duke, Louisville and AZ. Also MWC has some pretty tough games. Try going in to The Pit in NM or Viejas in San Diego and getting a W. I'm not saying the conference is better than the Big-12 but the MWC deserves a little credit. Also, just off the top of my head, I count 8 RPI top 40 teams the Rebels have played or will play this year, although I will conceed the schedule is a little softer this year.

I am jelly of that non-conference schedule. I could see why competition and exposure wouldn't be a dealbreaker for recruits.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yes, this year is down. Look at last year though. I'll save you the google. It was #1. Like I said, I'm not saying the MWC is better than the Big 12, its just probably better than you think most years.

Who gives a **** about the MWC? Good for you for getting RV but honestly no one cares. I for one don't care you got RV, it will not be a program changer. 2 people watch MWC basketball. Have fun in a no name conference RV.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Hey folks....why keep arguing with Toonkee? He didn't come here to agree with you, he didn't come here to discuss the merits of ISU...he came here to defend UNLV on an ISU message board...so who ****ing cares? Maybe he's got a point, maybe he's the biggest dumb*** in the world, but you're never going to convince him and he's never going to convince you, and outside of RV, and perhaps if ISU ever faces them on the court...I doubt any of us much care about UNLV at all.

toonkee

Feb 11, 2014
Ask anyone not in the MWC to name who is in the MWC. I'll save you the trouble, nobody knows jack about the MWC because its an irrelevant conference that will probably fall due to realignment.

Well, I'm pretty sure Kansas and Oklahoma fans can name San Diego State. I'm also pretty sure Iowa State and Kansas State fans can name UNLV.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Well, I'm pretty sure Kansas and Oklahoma fans can name San Diego State. I'm also pretty sure Iowa State and Kansas State fans can name UNLV.

I'd rather be known for something other than poaching superior schools recruits.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Look dude, we have 28 wins over major conference schools since that UNLV game. UNLV is 1.2 seconds away from ISU being your last win over a major conference school. I see why you remember it so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.