Rashad Vaughn - Not going to ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Posting...sry everyone I just wanted to see what a 4 year player's avatar looked like. Yes, yes it is beautiful.

Guys like Niang and Ejim have passion for this program. I want more of them, not selfish players.

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
Al least we won't have him in conference or have to watch him on television. Sometimes the bright lights are too bright.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
LOL pro style offense. What a clueless idiot. Out of the 5 final picks, UNLV runs the least pro style offense. ISU, UK, and Kansas all run the most pro style offenses in the country and UNC isn't terribly far behind. UNLV? Right..

They will run a pro style with 2 5 starts and 4 star in this class.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Kaffey will stay at Findlay where they don't have to disclose how much he is paid.

Findlay can over pay Kaffey and Kaffey can gift money to Vaughn because their relationship was established before Vaughn was in college. So they can pretty much pay Vaughn through Kaffey.
(Correct me if I'm wrong please)

SpiderClone

Jan 17, 2014
3194587%2B_8af4cf5c814977a3d71d277e94f90cda.gif

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Wouldn't surprise me to see ISU play UNLV as a 3/14 matchup in the NCAA tourney, if UNLV manages to win its conference tourney.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Findlay can over pay Kaffey and Kaffey can gift money to Vaughn because their relationship was established before Vaughn was in college. So they can pretty much pay Vaughn through Kaffey.
Ncaa rules are murky about this because he is not an agent buy they don't meet the definition of preexisting relationship.

Basically they'll crack down on it in a few years when it doesn't matter. But yeah, matter of months before RV starts driving a lexus or something.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I'm really disgusted with the recruiting world, if Fred goes to the NBA in the next 5 years I might be done with college basketball.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Ncaa rules are murky about this because he is not an agent buy they don't meet the definition of preexisting relationship.

Basically they'll crack down on it in a few years when it doesn't matter. But yeah, matter of months before RV starts driving a lexus or something.

I wish the NCAA would crack down on some of these "prep" schools like Findlay. It's a joke. They aren't even a school. It's just a basketball fraternity house out by Las Vegas. It's BS.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

DING DING DING. WINNER...WINNER. Now you've all figured it out. And yes this is how it works with handlers.

Mar 31, 2013

You are absolutely right.... and once vaughn goes to the league kaffney will unsurprisingly get a promotion to unlv assnt your turn correct me if I am wrong.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I would investigate UNLV. Average coach. Average facilities. Average history and tradition (don't give me Tark, they were cheaters under him too). And now they have two 5-stars and a 4-star. At least deserves a look to see where the money came from on this.

Cheaters.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Well...sucks, but time to move on.

Anyway, didn't watch the announcement, even though I might actually get that channel. Did he just come right out and say it, or did he do the whole baseball cap switcheroo thing?

Best of luck to RV. I think he'll need it at UNLV more than he would have in Ames.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: Rashad Vaughn - Announcing Tuesday

I don't mean to rag on RV, but this decision, if it is UNLV, just says a lot about him as a basketball player IMO, and it's not positive.

It means he'd rather play in the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas for one year and not have to be concerned at all about school. It means he doesn't want to challenge himself against the best in the country or he would have gone to UNC, KU, or ISU. He will play absolutely NOBODY in that conference and not get challenged against good competition.

I can understand why a high school kid would want to play in Las Vegas. There's tons to do out there besides basketball. The weather is great too. And they probably will be good too, but who wouldn't in that conference?

This whole thing just kind of stinks when you really look at it. Even the prep school he goes to is just slimy as can be. But this is what college athletics has become. He probably won't have to even open up a text book at UNLV, just like at Findlay. It will only be about basketball, fame, and fortune.

Oh well. He missed out IMO, not us. He could have played for Fred Hoiberg, but he choose not to. He could have challenged himself against the best competition in the country, but he choose not to. That's his choice. Nobody will hear of him again until he's in the NBA because UNLV is NEVER on TV anywhere. Good luck to him. Time for Fred to move on and replace him.

I think it is the only place Kaffey can get a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.