Rashad Vaughn - Not going to ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
So after hanging around the board for a few more days I have decided that I am in the mood to troll. You guys are completely clueless (which I would expect from a bunch of back country hillbillies). Allow me to let you in on some facts. UNLV has been in the top 25 for college basketball attendance for the last 5 seasons (http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attendanceYBYtop25.pdf), ISU has been there in 2 of the last 5 years, but never higher than UNLV. So I guess the real question is why would Vaughn want to go play in the middle of a corn field surrounded by hillbillies in front of smaller crowds when he can come play in the middle a city that is a world-renowned icon for entertainment and do so in front of larger crowds.

I also think I should tell you that this board suffers from serious delusions of grandeur. ISU is a coaching change away from being a Big 12 bottom feeder... again. Hoiberg is a solid coach, but if he leaves you guys are screwed. IMO he will be gone after this season or next. You guys went on and on about how much of a selling point it was for Vaughn that Hoiberg has all these NBA contacts, but then say that there is no way that he would use those same contacts to progress in his career (Yes, the NBA would be a step up from ISU) and climb into the highest ranks of his profession. That is like saying that a Manager at Burger King would turn down a CEO position at Google. Get. Real.

I am also glad your assistant coach decided to pop off about Vaughn's decision because it is going to limit the number of times UNLV has to square off against ISU for top recruits in the future. People don't like other people that are sore losers and whiney babies. Although, given that we landed a recruit in about 6 months that you guys have been working on for 4 years, I don't think i would mind facing off against ISU in the future.

Your troll is weak, you should have lurked a little longer and hung out in the rivals section. You could have picked up some better trolling pointers from Deano. I didn't see the announcement but did they give also give the details of Kaffey's contract or was this all simply under the table? Best of luck Rashad, your going to need it with a guy like Rice as a coach.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Let Vaughn enjoy playing for a team that can't run an nba style offense and he won't be used to his full abilities. The kid made a dumb choice and his draft stock will probably plummet when he isn't utilized to his full ability.

SpiderClone

Jan 17, 2014
wUFn861.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Don't kid yourselves guys this is all smoke and mirrors. Every reason he's listing, with regards to actual basketball favors ISU. This was dirty plain and simple.

No kidding. It's like he changed Iowa State to UNLV and Hoiberg to Rice. I wish he would come up with some original rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.