Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Actually it WAS on Bridge over Troubled Waters at the time.

I'd forgotten how long I'd been listening to it.
I love S&G so I started it playing immediately. Deet-dih-dee-dee deet deet dih-dih deet deet dih-dih deeeee, doot dih doo-doo doot dih-doo dih-doot dooooo....
I just started cracking up!
Then sang along...
:D

Reactions: cyrevkah

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
one of the babies in my mom group (and I've chatted with her since well before her 15 month old was two pink lines) quite possibly has leukemia. She's been worried about some signs the past couple days coupled with worsening anemia and a blood test today showed major red flags. Feel sick for her and her little girl. And pissed at her ped because they only did an iron test even for the follow up which showed her anemia got WORSE with two months on an iron-rich diet + supplement. I don't even think the mom has put that together yet but even LM's initial iron check was a CBC which easily catches something like this. You would think they would have done a CBC after seeing the anemia got worse! Just feel awful.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
one of the babies in my mom group (and I've chatted with her since well before her 15 month old was two pink lines) quite possibly has leukemia. She's been worried about some signs the past couple days coupled with worsening anemia and a blood test today showed major red flags. Feel sick for her and her little girl. And pissed at her ped because they only did an iron test even for the follow up which showed her anemia got WORSE with two months on an iron-rich diet + supplement. I don't even think the mom has put that together yet but even LM's initial iron check was a CBC which easily catches something like this. You would think they would have done a CBC after seeing the anemia got worse! Just feel awful.
It just kills me when I hear of children getting cancer. Hopefully it is something else.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Okay, sharing videos after uploaded onto YouTube for your Android phone...

Pretty much follow Gr8's first couple of steps.

1) Click on your intital or avatar in the upper right corner of the YT app. (Yep, you can change it to have an avatar, but not important right now)
2) Select "Your channel"
3) Click on the video you would like to post so that it begins to play
4) Click on the video again as it's playing, and it will bring up "temporary" graphics on the screen. Three symbols should appear in the upper right corner of the video. Select the middle symbol, an arrow pointing to the right. That's the YT app share button. It then brings up a list of how or where you want to share it.
5) Select "Copy Link". It's one of the first options listed for me, but I'm not sure about other people. It's a rectangle in front of another rectangle...looks exactly like the "copy" button in Word.
6) Come back to CF, select "Embed Video", and paste!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I see lots of Husker fans stopped filling in the scores on their Husker football posters. I wonder if they ran out of ink in their pens. I guess I could be a nice guy and fill in the score from last week.
I missed the game entirely so just found some highlights. Man they need to take away those black shirts from that defense if they haven't already. :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I missed the game entirely so just found some highlights. Man they need to take away those black shirts from that defense if they haven't already. :eek:
Husker fans would implode if they took away the Blackshirts. When Pelini held them back for the first 3-4 games they all sat around wringing their hands wondering when they were going to award the blackshirts.

Reactions: VeloClone

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Why is Woody Harelson in the Midway movie? Why does he get 75% of the roles he gets?(rhetorical).
The dude has been mis-cast since Kingpin. Between him and the boy band, I'll have to miss until it comes out on VHS or beta. The book is better.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Android.
I finally gave up and transferred the vid from my phone to my computer, then uploaded it to youtube from there, and put the setting to public. From there it was a piece of cake to embed it here; I do that all the time. I was just hoping to cut out the middle steps on the computer. I guess I need to keep working at it.

Congrats! I certainly wouldn't have made it that far.

• Friendly
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Oh, DMACC.

So, my keycard doesn't work to unlock my classroom. I guess I was supposed to drive down to Ankeny for free instead of working for pay to solve that.

Forgot my password to sign into the classroom computer, and there's no prompt there to reset it. A simple issue, probably, but a real bother.

Turns out that the descriptions for a web-blended class aren't only vague in the instructor training, which really accomplished nothing but show me basic Blackboard stuff, but most students think it's an online course. Now we're going to be some combination of racing to catch up and students dropping en masse.

But, at least I know they likely don't start paying me until the last week of the semester. Waiting for a paycheck makes it all worth it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Oh, DMACC.

So, my keycard doesn't work to unlock my classroom. I guess I was supposed to drive down to Ankeny for free instead of working for pay to solve that.

Forgot my password to sign into the classroom computer, and there's no prompt there to reset it. A simple issue, probably, but a real bother.

Turns out that the descriptions for a web-blended class aren't only vague in the instructor training, which really accomplished nothing but show me basic Blackboard stuff, but most students think it's an online course. Now we're going to be some combination of racing to catch up and students dropping en masse.

But, at least I know they likely don't start paying me until the last week of the semester. Waiting for a paycheck makes it all worth it.

So it takes the better part of the semester for them to get you into the payroll system? That seems terribly slow.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So it takes the better part of the semester for them to get you into the payroll system? That seems terribly slow.

No, I'm in the system. That's how they bother to get around to it, based on a brutal schedule of weeks worked. It's roughly week 6 in a normal schedule, and late-starting classes are on a different schedule.

Off chance of a check arriving Nov. 15th, but it's DMACC, so I'm planning on the first one arriving November 30th.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Good golly, 10 people in a debate is a little crazy. Need to whittle it down a lot. Seems like there is 20.

whoops guess there is 12

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Son has a couple offers for internships. So far we won’t be seeing him much this summer with the offers he has. Still a few more possibilities.

Crud, reminds me I gotta pay that Ubill in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.