Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
What I have read says what you said and I want to see a Sci Fi and from what I read it really isn't. Someone described it as "You can't give any spoilers, because nothing happened"

I'll catch it when I can stream it at some point.

I didn't go to Joker this weekend. I figured the attendance would still be really high so I decided to wait another week. Did $55 million this weekend

I can't wait to see Joker. I've always been a Joaquin Phoenix fan (did you see You Were Never Really Here?), and, quirky as he is, he is a fantastic method actor. Sometimes I worry that he internalizes characters too much and suffers because of it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Man I've got a furnace jinx going on, came home to my furnace fan running. Turned out the pilot light had went out but when the temp went down the fan turned on and just kept running because it never warmed up enough to trip the upper limit to shut down. Lit pilot cycled it twice seems to be fine now. Trying to figure out the parents wall heater on the porch next.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Husband just had some bothersome teeth pulled, which, of course, limits his diet for a couple of days.

Of course, that means I'm currently craving a thin crust Papa Johns pizza with pepperoni and extra cheese.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I can't wait to see Joker. I've always been a Joaquin Phoenix fan (did you see You Were Never Really Here?), and, quirky as he is, he is a fantastic method actor. Sometimes I worry that he internalizes characters too much and suffers because of it.
Never saw that but think he is really good, except for The Village. Did M. Knight Shamalamadingdong dope him up before each scene?
I heard they had to cut down so many of his scenes in Gladiator because you started feeling sorry for Commodus and you were supposed to be rooting against him.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Husband just had some bothersome teeth pulled, which, of course, limits his diet for a couple of days.

Of course, that means I'm currently craving a thin crust Papa Johns pizza with pepperoni and extra cheese.

My go-to is Pizza Hut's pepperoni lover's on thin crust. YUM!

Reactions: SaraV

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Well Beloit had a truck driven through a roof this weekend, and now we had a stabbing in town today.

Coming your way on Friday, the vixen and I are attending Sunday's events at Lambeau Field. We will be having a gen-you-wine Wisconsin fish fry on Friday, can't wait. And tailgating at a Packer game is the best!

I'll watch for flying cars on my way thru Madtown.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Never saw that but think he is really good, except for The Village. Did M. Knight Shamalamadingdong dope him up before each scene?
I heard they had to cut down so many of his scenes in Gladiator because you started feeling sorry for Commodus and you were supposed to be rooting against him.

My wife has a hard time watching Gladiator because of how creepy Commodus is

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Coming your way on Friday, the vixen and I are attending Sunday's events at Lambeau Field. We will be having a gen-you-wine Wisconsin fish fry on Friday, can't wait. And tailgating at a Packer game is the best!

I'll watch for flying cars on my way thru Madtown.
Have fun! Maybe you'll get to see Lazard score his second NFL TD. :D

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Taking a brief break from herding cats right now.
Because of Tab's bladder stones (and subsequent surgery to remove said stones) he has to be on a special diet now...for life. An EXPENSIVE diet...which we don't want to feed to SIX cats. So we've been feeding them separately...but when all six are "grazers", eating a little here, a little there, that's not really practical. I ended up doing a bunch of research and we found programmable feeders that will read microchips. We bought one large one that can be programmed for the five normal cats, and one small individual one for Tab.
Next step - getting six cats microchipped. SOMEone thought it would be a great idea to get them all done at once. I don't know who that would be, but she's REALLY stupid.
We have a dog carrier that fits 3, a large cat carrier that fits 2, and a small cat carrier. Milo & Molly are in the medium one already, and Cricket & Button are in the large one. We are 2/3 done. Tab & Mel are pretty mellow, so they're the easiest. Tab is going to get crammed into the small one, Mel will join the girls in the large one.
Yikes. So far, we both have intact skin. One towel is somewhat ragged...

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Because of Tab's bladder stones (and subsequent surgery to remove said stones) he has to be on a special diet now...for life. An EXPENSIVE diet...which we don't want to feed to SIX cats. So we've been feeding them separately...but when all six are "grazers", eating a little here, a little there, that's not really practical. I ended up doing a bunch of research and we found programmable feeders that will read microchips. We bought one large one that can be programmed for the five normal cats, and one small individual one for Tab.
Next step - getting six cats microchipped. SOMEone thought it would be a great idea to get them all done at once. I don't know who that would be, but she's REALLY stupid.
We have a dog carrier that fits 3, a large cat carrier that fits 2, and a small cat carrier. Milo & Molly are in the medium one already, and Cricket & Button are in the large one. We are 2/3 done. Tab & Mel are pretty mellow, so they're the easiest. Tab is going to get crammed into the small one, Mel will join the girls in the large one.
One of our cats has developed an obsession with dental floss. He can hear me walk into our bathroom from anywhere in the house and sits there staring at me whether I'm flossing or not. If I floss, he jumps up on the counter and tries to take the floss from me.

Last edited:

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

I got a good laugh reading this and picturing the events in my head

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Ordinary photos from my phone camera are too big, too. Doesn’t allow for much “developing news” posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.