Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Son has a couple offers for internships. So far we won’t be seeing him much this summer with the offers he has. Still a few more possibilities.

Crud, reminds me I gotta pay that Ubill in the week.

What types of offers is he getting?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It was High School Sr. niece's senior night for swim team. The school did a nice job of it. We all went out for supper afterwards. Wow she is the last of them hard to believe they will be all thru HS when she graduates in May.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Scouting, sales, operations. One of them pays a whole lot more than I ever came close to getting.

Internships didn't pay boo when I was doing them, good experience though. Accounting niece's internships have all paid pretty good from what I've been able to gather, and her job at the local accountant helping him during tax season is a pretty good gig also.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was High School Sr. niece's senior night for swim team. The school did a nice job of it. We all went out for supper afterwards. Wow she is the last of them hard to believe they will be all thru HS when she graduates in May.

Even though it’s hard to believe at time, we get old fast.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Internships didn't pay boo when I was doing them, good experience though. Accounting niece's internships have all paid pretty good from what I've been able to gather, and her job at the local accountant helping him during tax season is a pretty good gig also.

I was salary at 1600/month. But I left home at 6 am and got home to eat supper and watch cheers at 10:30 at night.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
No, I'm in the system. That's how they bother to get around to it, based on a brutal schedule of weeks worked. It's roughly week 6 in a normal schedule, and late-starting classes are on a different schedule.

Off chance of a check arriving Nov. 15th, but it's DMACC, so I'm planning on the first one arriving November 30th.
whats your contract say?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
whats your contract say?

No contract here for adjuncts. Just an appointment letter which says nothing, then an e-mail referring me to a pay schedule.

That schedule indicates that one week of the course occurs during the pay period that would be paid on Nov. 15th, but their most likely interpretation is Nov. 30th, since all weeks in that one are paid then.

A key lesson here: Being an adjunct doesn't help a person professionally at all. It's not impressive on the CV, it slows down non-academic searches by showing that you're still trying to get into that field, and it doesn't pay. So, if anyone is looking at such a thing, make sure you have absolutely no other options in life first.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No contract here for adjuncts. Just an appointment letter which says nothing, then an e-mail referring me to a pay schedule.

That schedule indicates that one week of the course occurs during the pay period that would be paid on Nov. 15th, but their most likely interpretation is Nov. 30th, since all weeks in that one are paid then.

A key lesson here: Being an adjunct doesn't help a person professionally at all. It's not impressive on the CV, it slows down non-academic searches by showing that you're still trying to get into that field, and it doesn't pay. So, if anyone is looking at such a thing, make sure you have absolutely no other options in life first.

I did some for Waldorf, I will agree that pay is not great.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Was reminded of this song driving back from Ames yesterday (had a cystoscope at McFarland, my yearly cancer prevention check):

One of those songs that, when it got played at parties, people tended to drift off in pairs. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron