*** Official Oklahoma State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Great win . Going to miss those seniors - they have a lot of character. Great season so far. I wish we were better at rebounding - but that problem is partly due to officiating. Go State.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That 14 is 14-2 though, man that was fun.

This current run and the Big 12 tourney finish in 2014 have similar feelings to that 99-00 team.

This season maybe even more so just because we've watched such a progression from the beginning. The 13-14 team was good but we knew they were capable right out of the gate vs. Michigan. The current team has really dug in and blown up even the most optimistic predictions.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
In 40 years of ISU BB, I don't think there was a group guys - especially Georges and Naz that are so personable and give back more that they get. I will miss Naz the most.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Random thoughts...

Ice, Monte, Naz and Deonte...easily the best performance by a group of Cyclone seniors on senior day ever, right? I mean, it was kind of epic. The last shooter that I enjoyed watching as much as Matt and Naz was Willoughby...and that was a few years ago. I hope people truly realize that these guys were all timers.

I haven't gotten to see OSU a ton, but we had to take close to their best shot tonight, right? They're impressive. As others have asked, is that what it's like to play us?

On that note, somebody please tell me Evans is going pro.

I'm DAMN proud to be an alumnus of the same university as this group of seniors. What a bunch! Ballers, hard core, but better men. Whether it's basketball or life in general, these guys have great things ahead of them. Thanks for choosing ISU fellas!

As always, a great night to be a Cyclone! Loyal sons, forever true.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
So happy for all these guys. Was a little worried about Naz's start. Hit a couple big 3s right before half. Great games by the big 4.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I would still like to see Matty Ice shoot the ball after the 10 minute remaining mark in games. It seems like our game plan changes and he disappears from deep. Of course, some of that is because he's already drained a number of three's earlier in games and teams have to key more on him, but it's not like it's a secret that he's a good shooter in the beginning of games.

Donovan Jackson is a legit sniper from behind the arc as well. I'm glad he is OK and will be here next year.

Congrats to the seniors!

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
This current run and the Big 12 tourney finish in 2014 have similar feelings to that 99-00 team.

This season maybe even more so just because we've watched such a progression from the beginning. The 13-14 team was good but we knew they were capable right out of the gate vs. Michigan. The current team has really dug in and blown up even the most optimistic predictions.

Keep it quiet (and if the players/coaches are reading this, STOP), but I'm thinking these guys are gonna do something special this March (and maybe April). Those two you listed above are the only two ISU teams I've ever had this feeling about before.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I would still like to see Matty Ice shoot the ball after the 10 minute remaining mark in games. It seems like our game plan changes and he disappears from deep. Of course, some of that is because he's already drained a number of three's earlier in games and teams have to key more on him, but it's not like it's a secret that he's a good shooter in the beginning of games.

Donovan Jackson is a legit sniper from behind the arc as well. I'm glad he is OK and will be here next year.

Congrats to the seniors!

Teams are playing him better in the last 10 of games also. Making it hard for him to get ball and if he does hard to get a shot off.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Great win! I would completely be fine not seeing them again. They are a legit second weekend team in the dance.

Underwood scares me to death. I'm really happy for the league and OSU, getting GIA back to its old self will suck for us but just adds another basketball-crazy fanbase with tradition. They were not good when we played them down there - we were average, maybe a little better, and won going away. Both of us have turned it around - tonight's game was a battle of teams that can make deep runs in the tourney.