*** Official Oklahoma State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Great win!! The 4 main seniors were amazing. I'm really proud of the way they have played over the last month.

Hopefully everyone will have us seeded above OSU. They are playing well but we are better.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Huge for Matt; I think he had 7 treys with about 8-9 min left, I thought he was gonna set a record. So glad he bounced back after the Bay game - kinda weird how quiet he was.

Coach said after Baylor that Matt hadn't practiced that week. Wasn't sure if it was the bone spur issue or related to several guys Coach said were ill, like maybe an illness was making it's way through the team.

Love these seniors, can't imagine next year without them.

Reactions: Go2Guy

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
great win and officially the end of the Hoiberg era at ISU with Morris Thomas and Naz leaving. It's been a great run with those guys!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
- Man, that last 3 by Matt was SICK.

- Hate Forte & his ***** way of leaning into contact to draw fouls.

- Loved all the seniors' speeches, but Stu's was probably the funniest. Between emailing Fred to get on the team & joking about getting deleted from team group texts - top notch.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Once again we see an opposing team throw in 3 desperation 3s at the end of the game. Glad they survived, but the percentage of desperation 3s made against ISU the last couple years has to be pretty high.

Evans was 3-3 from deep in that final minute, 0-2 in his last game, before that 2-5, 2-7, 0-3, 0-0, 0-4, 0-0.

4-21 in previous 7 games and drills all 3 he shot in desperation mode.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
A moment I enjoyed...........leaving out the north doors of Hilton to the parking lots after the senior speeches, I hear a man say " it's okay, you will get to see them in Kansas City", and turn around and a little guy of 5-7 years of age was just sobbing..........poor little guy was sad to see the seniors move on. His father was doing his best to reassure the little guy that it wasn't his last chance to see the players.
Goes hand in hand with what Monte said in his speech about pictures, etc with young fans.

And someone will undoubtedly say 'cool story"

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
Great win. That's how a senior night is supposed to go. Dammit. Your seniors did what they do in a great environment. I'm proud of my guys for not wilting each time they got punched by ISU - they kept answering back. I was really hoping for OT, but it wasn't meant to be.

It looks like if you guys don't get the win @WVU, there's a good chance we'll do this a third time. Looks like I picked the wrong season to quit drinking.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Great win. That's how a senior night is supposed to go. Dammit. Your seniors did what they do in a great environment. I'm proud of my guys for not wilting each time they got punched by ISU - they kept answering back. I was really hoping for OT, but it wasn't meant to be.

It looks like if you guys don't get the win @WVU, there's a good chance we'll do this a third time. Looks like I picked the wrong season to quit drinking.
I honestly have more confidence in us and OSU making bigger runs in the NCAA tourney than Baylor and WVU. It's been fun watching OSU improve throughout the Big 12 season.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I honestly have more confidence in us and OSU making bigger runs in the NCAA tourney than Baylor and WVU. It's been fun watching OSU improve throughout the Big 12 season.

OSU is going to be very dangerous in the tournament because of how good their guard play is and how good they can shoot as a team.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
One thing that has me concerned is that ISU has played so well on offense the last two games they haven't had to rebound that well or play that good of defense and it has showed. They dropped about 16 spots in Ken Pom in defensive efficiency in two games. There was a stretch in that OSU game where they played good d and rebounded and that is how they go their lead. I just hope that they get refocused on the defensive end. There were some bad rotations last night and you could tell Prohm was none too happy.

But what a way for the 4 Seniors to end having all played a good game. Hope Jackson is all right and doesn't have a concussion. That looked like it hurt pretty bad.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
We are going to struggle at times next year, but we may be better than people think. Prohm can coach and develop young guys. It wouldn't shock me if we play our way into the bubble picture next year.

I agree. I think it will help that Young is getting so much time now and that Lard is at least on campus and working with the team. A lot will depend on how they finish out the roster.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
A moment I enjoyed...........leaving out the north doors of Hilton to the parking lots after the senior speeches, I hear a man say " it's okay, you will get to see them in Kansas City", and turn around and a little guy of 5-7 years of age was just sobbing..........poor little guy was sad to see the seniors move on. His father was doing his best to reassure the little guy that it wasn't his last chance to see the players.
Goes hand in hand with what Monte said in his speech about pictures, etc with young fans.

And someone will undoubtedly say 'cool story"

It's a damn cool story. That kind of stuff is what makes our connection to our team unique. It's deep and it's personal. My son is fully bought in and idolizes these guys. Sometimes you worry about your kids looking up to athletes, but with this group, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron