*** Official Oklahoma State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
My god OSU can shoot. Is that what its like its like to play us?

Terrible officiating tonight. Tons of bad calls against both teams. That last 3-4 minutes was one iffy foul call after another. Way to turn an exciting, offensive game into a free throw contest.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Very happy for Matt. Goes out big.

And Monte would just not let us lose. I knew he wouldn't.

Huge for Matt; I think he had 7 treys with about 8-9 min left, I thought he was gonna set a record. So glad he bounced back after the Bay game - kinda weird how quiet he was.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've been watching basketball for a long, long time, and I do not remember a senior night where every single one of them was absolutely nails! Unreal performance from these guys to take OSU's best shot and then take them down. WOW

Evens has been great but he hasn't been pouring in 3s like he did second half, that truly was their best push at the end we weathered. We'll never know but we may have really needed Monte's steal and Matt's layup the way he couldn't miss.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've been watching basketball for a long, long time, and I do not remember a senior night where every single one of them was absolutely nails! Unreal performance from these guys to take OSU's best shot and then take them down. WOW

I was nervous and would have been disappointed with a loss but it wasn't because ISU wasn't playing really well.

OSU looks really good.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I think OSU loses Forte, Hammonds and Carroll to graduation and hopefully Evans declares - they could be tough next year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My god OSU can shoot. Is that what its like its like to play us?

Terrible officiating tonight. Tons of bad calls against both teams. That last 3-4 minutes was one iffy foul call after another. Way to turn an exciting, offensive game into a free throw contest.

When their big guy was draining them in the first half I thought that must have been what it was like when our typical lineup could be Ejim/Niang and with 2 or 3 other 3 point aces outside.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I was nervous and would have been disappointed with a loss but it wasn't because ISU wasn't playing really well.

OSU looks really good.

Absolutely. There would have been no shame at all in losing that one, as OSU is on fire, and played even better than they have been tonight.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

OSU looks really good.

Underwood scares the heck out of me. They don't play great defense, but they are relentless. His only real fault is that he can be hot under the collar - the T tonight was weak, but he has quite a temper. "Sit down Brad" should become a thing.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and joefrog

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

...need to be up in the rafters. Yesterday.

Yep. For all that we think of ourselves as a basketball school, we haven't had a ton of true greatness in our history. These three deserve every honor we can give them. They brought back the Magic.

Reactions: joefrog

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

...need to be up in the rafters. Yesterday.

People aren't making enough about how Monte completely owns the ISU career record book. It's not just assists, steals and his A/TO ratio. It's minutes played, it's a LOT of NCAA/Big 12 tourney records if he has any type of production at all this year. He and Thomas will have played more NCAA games than any Cyclone ever the minute they tip the ball.

There's a very good statistical argument he is the most prolific player in ISU history.