Aug 23, 2012
America
Unleash the Lard!!
S0cH3Sl0Y1.png

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
this is either a case where we are flat after a week without games, overlook a bad team and struggle to integrate the new guys - and win by low double digits (71-57ish) or we come out hot and boot stomp them 87-51.

I think it's more the latter. Either way, they don't score 60.

• Agree
Reactions: inCyteful

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
this is either a case where we are flat after a week without games, overlook a bad team and struggle to integrate the new guys - and win by low double digits (71-57ish) or we come out hot and boot stomp them 87-51.

I think it's more the latter. Either way, they don't score 60.

This.

The most impressive thing about this team is the defense being played - much of it by true freshmen. And I don't mean WVU mugging/you can't call them all defense. Eustachy defense without the Eustachy baggage.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm almost giddy to see Cam run the floor and finish with the flush. To only have 1 loss with all this team has endured the first month is a great but it feels like things are just getting started. Welcome back Zoran and Cam!

That is the one benefit for fans during the Non-Con with the 4 players out. It adds excitement for tonight's game to see Lard and Talley back and integrated. The last two games will get the same feeling as we wait to see when and how Lindell and Solomon get back into the games. Pretty intriguing game for December mid-major opponent.

As for tonight, I am confident ISU will wing but maybe not by the 20 spread. Week off, integration of Lard and Talley, and the CyHawk match up upcoming, vs a low level team. I can see the team being a little lack luster for the Bison.
Great sign though if the team is razor focused and bury NDSU early, allowing extended minutes for the team to build chemistry with Cam and Zoran.

Go State!!!

Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I imagine our end of game lineup will be something like...

Lewis
Griffin
Talley
Conditt
Lard

...even that looks fun, or even dangerous, on paper.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I imagine our end of game lineup will be something like...

Lewis
Griffin
Talley
Conditt
Lard

...even that looks fun, or even dangerous, on paper.

That's where really talented teams differentiate themselves in terms of point spreads in games like this. Those players coming off the bench in garbage time are likely to increase the lead even more, whereas you often see other teams reel you back in a bit when your bench depth isn't all that good.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
As much as I think Zion should continue to get minutes while they're there, I think this is where we see his minutes start to fall off even more.

I think he can be a great player for us, but isn't fully there yet by any means. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't see the floor until mid-late second half.

On the flip side of that:
It's going to be great for him to be able to grow and build his game with this group of players imo. Lots of athletes on the wings who have different styles of play, Bigs who have ability and Bigs who have the work ethic to get it done no matter what, if he tries to be as much of a sponge as possible and absorbs all that he's learning/being exposed to it could pay dividends for his game in the long run.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think it could be, but I also feel like we'll do a bit of experimenting with things, which might keep it closer than it otherwise would be. I think they'll have a lot of trouble defending us.

Agreed. I think Prohm will use this game as an opportunity to play mix and match with some different lineups and looks and the score will be closer than expected.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I actually didn’t mind him before it. He was obviously very proud of being a fan for his team, and I’ve got no problem with that. But as soon as they won, he showed his true Bizon colors.

I didn't mind Lakes in 2016 when he trolled Iowa boards after their upset there.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
North_Dakota_State.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (6-1, 0-0 BIG 12)
VS. NORTH DAKOTA STATE (2-6, 0-0 SUMMIT)
MONDAY, DEC. 3 | 7 P.M. CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: Cyclones.tv
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)

images

1376.png
Really excited to see talley and lard mixed in this rotation

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
My prediction: at some point in the game, we will be up 22. Then, late in the second half, Prohm will see an opportunity to give some bench players some playing time, and we will finish off the win by 14.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm almost giddy to see Cam run the floor and finish with the flush. To only have 1 loss with all this team has endured the first month is a great but it feels like things are just getting started. Welcome back Zoran and Cam!

I know the feeling. I've tried to avoid the Jake/Cam arguments because i love watching Cam play so much and I'm surely biased.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
ISU - 85
NDSU - 58

Lard goes dunk city on these guys and Jacobson leads all players with 19 points.

Not sure Jacobson gets 19 as he may be sitting more than in previous games if we have a big lead to get Lard more PT. I think Talley also plays more for the same reason. Going to need their experience in the first true road test of the season vs the Hawks.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Any sort of double digit win with Lard looking ready to go is fine by me.

I think ISU can beat Iowa Thursday but it will be tough.