*** Official North Dakota State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
There were some really interesting lineups last night. Prohm has some really good options to match up with other teams, while still having a lot of athleticism and length out there. Even his small ball lineup, isn't that small.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not convinced that he's playing hurt. I think he bumped knees or shins with someone last night, but I haven't seen any other evidence (though tendinitis doesn't just go away). I agree that I'd love him to stay between 25 and 30 minutes a night.

He comes up gimpy often during games. I’m not sure if you’ve been at the games, but watch him during breaks in play, he always looks like he’s in pain.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone1995

jmkc12

Apr 27, 2017
I thought Conditt really displayed what kind of force he could be in a couple years on the defensive end. For someone who is going to be buried on the bench by the start of conference play, I feel a lot better about him being able to impact the game in some way on the defensive end if things would come to needing him to play some spot minutes.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Last night he got his leg bumped and was over on the bench rolling it out. It's nothing serious.

I realize that. But he's been gimpy all season. I don't think it's super serious, but ideally he needs lots of rest.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I thought Conditt really displayed what kind of force he could be in a couple years on the defensive end. For someone who is going to be buried on the bench by the start of conference play, I feel a lot better about him being able to impact the game in some way on the defensive end if things would come to needing him to play some spot minutes.

Yeah, he stays tall, arms up, times his jump and doesn't reach horizontally often.

Something else I've noticed about our team as a whole is that we're doing a really good job of closing out without jumping at ball fakes.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Yeah, he stays tall, arms up, times his jump and doesn't reach horizontally often.

Something else I've noticed about our team as a whole is that we're doing a really good job of closing out without jumping at ball fakes.
Noticed this too the past few games. Simple things like that, when done by everyone, make a huge difference in positioning and allowing players to not have to help into situations you'd rather try to avoid.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
From watching our substitution pattern, I think you'll never see a line up without on of NWB or Haliburton, but possibly not without one of Wigginton or Shayok too. Those four guys are great anchors for our team.

I agree, Haliburton is the clear other PG to NWB. This team should never be without a top ballhandler/assist guy on the floor. And should always have a guy that can create on his own when the shot clock is winding down.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I disagree that he's playing hurt, I just don't think they want to wear his body out like they did last year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron