*** Official North Dakota State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It is hard to believe how uninterested I am in this game! Between the Drake game and the Alamo Bowl, I just don't have much bandwidth left. Even with Lard and Taley coming back. Weird. Hope the energy comes back when I step into Hilton tonight.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
North Dakota St (2-6) is #223 on Ken Pom.
Odds: ISU -20.5

NDSU has one relatively impressive win against UC Santa Barbara this year and a miserable loss to Incarnate Word at home. Recently, they suffered a 42 point loss @ Gonzaga and a 7 point loss in a neutral court game with Drake. They are not a good defensive team.

They have a pretty well distributed scoring outlook with 7 guys averaging between 6.0 and 11.1 points. 5'11" leading scorer Vinnie Shadid led the way last week with 16 points @ Gonzaga and 29 points against Drake. He's shooting 29% from three this year but it's worth noting he shot it from the outside at a high clip at his JuCo. Deng Geu and Rocky Krueser are their main front court pieces with each pouring in around 10 a game. Both of them can step out a little and shoot it. Krueser will likely draw the matchup with Jacobson/Lard as he's a big boy at 6'10" 245 lbs. 6'6" 190 lb guard Tyson Ward is another player to note, however, he has some poor shooting numbers to start the season.

Iowa State should have no trouble scoring on this team. Clones put up 85+ and win by 24.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He was pretty insufferable before that as well.

He was, but he also called it too IIRC. Basically said NDSU's players were good, people on this board were under the impression that ISU was just fine after a bad 2013 season (this was 2014), and then NDSU lined up and kicked the crap out of ISU once they got settled in. Was just another Jenga piece for CPR.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Will be interesting to get a piece of what sort of line ups and rotations are available going forward if Lard is back in.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
North Dakota St (2-6) is #223 on Ken Pom.
Odds: ISU -20.5

NDSU has one relatively impressive win against UC Santa Barbara this year and a miserable loss to Incarnate Word at home. Recently, they suffered a 42 point loss @ Gonzaga and a 7 point loss in a neutral court game with Drake. They are not a good defensive team.

They have a pretty well distributed scoring outlook with 7 guys averaging between 6.0 and 11.1 points. 5'11" leading scorer Vinnie Shadid led the way last week with 16 points @ Gonzaga and 29 points against Drake. He's shooting 29% from three this year but it's worth noting he shot it from the outside at a high clip at his JuCo. Deng Geu and Rocky Krueser are their main front court pieces with each pouring in around 10 a game. Both of them can step out a little and shoot it. Krueser will likely draw the matchup with Jacobson/Lard as he's a big boy at 6'10" 245 lbs. 6'6" 190 lb guard Tyson Ward is another player to note, however, he has some poor shooting numbers to start the season.

Iowa State should have no trouble scoring on this team. Clones put up 85+ and win by 24.

I feel really bad for that 5'11" guy... he's gonna draw a 6'5" Babb, or 6'5/6" and looooong Haliburton. I foresee a lot of blocks and steals in this game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron