**** OFFICIAL IT'S THE SOUTH END ZONE!!! THREAD ****

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Bid and budget papers

Pollard made it sound like they weren't that far in the process, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was several steps ahead of the rest of us. I hope he goes with something more like the Clemson endzone rather than just a big bowl end.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Since this is donation money, Branstad can't veto it, right? Except for his monkeys on BOR? Cause still remember his veto of a science lab building saying we should just become the U of Phoenix online.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
What will the new capacity be for the stadium?

Minus ____ hillside
Plus _____ New SEZ seats

Has that been released yet?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I guess I don't get the excitement over having more seats to see a team win at most 6 games a year.

Are you a fan? It's not costing you a dime, will look cool coming in on University, shows the pride in his alma mater by a great businessman, will help recruiting, will help the stadium look better in general, and helps move us forward.

Why anyone, especially an ISU fan would complain is beyond me. Be thankful for gifts in life.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Awaiting "Negative of Building the SEZ?" thread.

Here you go: we will probably lose our current SEZ seats. It has been the best deal in Big 12 football and we enjoyed it while we had it. We knew it was just a matter of time until the program grew beyond our current bargain.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What will the new capacity be for the stadium?

Minus ____ hillside
Plus _____ New SEZ seats

Has that been released yet?
Pollard says they don't know what kind of seats they are yet and they don't have a plan or cost really finalized.

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
The SEZ is such a bad idea!!! How are we going to split up who says "Cyclone" and who says "Power" now?!?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pollard made it sound like they weren't that far in the process, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was several steps ahead of the rest of us. I hope he goes with something more like the Clemson endzone rather than just a big bowl end.

Well these are drafts. Not sent out or official yet. They did have two names under the $25 million donation. Now there's one

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Paging GoShow... paging GoShow...

Someone wrote the check.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So not building the SEZ will guarantee the team will win more than 6 games a year?
I'm not saying that at all, I just don't get the excitement. I'd be more excited if we won more personally. I personally do not care about architectural upgrades to our stadium. Don't get where people are inferring that I said winning and the endzone are linked.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Do whatever it takes to have this done by August 2015. Even if it means taking out some seating the last 2 games next year so we can start a month earlier. I say that as a person that sits in the current south endzone. (Tear out the hills first!)

Help Support Us

Become a patron