**** OFFICIAL IT'S THE SOUTH END ZONE!!! THREAD ****

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
One thing I kind of wondered about at the Ice Bowl, current end zone bleachers had some of the worst attendance in the stadium, other than section J, which had no one. Wasn't sure if people moved to better seats or what, but it seemed like you might get some of the worst wind coming right at you in the south end zone.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
so much for my cheap hillside seats with the view of the video board. Do.not.want.sez.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Have any specific details been given?? Construction date? Plans? Pics?

I'm updating the OP as more details are released. JP did say that the final plans have not been inked yet. There are discussions to be had with the architects/engineers. They want to complete the work in time for the opening of the 2015 football season.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
One thing I kind of wondered about at the Ice Bowl, current end zone bleachers had some of the worst attendance in the stadium, other than section J, which had no one. Wasn't sure if people moved to better seats or what, but it seemed like you might get some of the worst wind coming right at you in the south end zone.

Wouldn't be CF without someone ******** on good news.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
More tickets to burn!!! Seriously though I'm extremely happy for the university and the Team. Thank you Reiman's for making me so garsh darn happy!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, VERY excited for the next step when they get an architect on board and get some drawings out. I know I've always seen people's concepts with a true lower bowl, but you have to think it'll have some height to it to really maximize the external visual they are seeking...which is great!

Hope it ties to an upper deck/club type of section. Also, you gotta think a video board will be a part of the concept?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Great way to ensure people buy tickets next year regardless of how this year went.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
"I don't know about that idea, they should use the money for something else". - My hawkeye roommate.

Lulzzz SEZ SEZ SEZ! Very excited for this.