**** OFFICIAL IT'S THE SOUTH END ZONE!!! THREAD ****

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Hope this means JP told CPR to fire Mess and get things turned around next year.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Hope this means JP told CPR to fire Mess and get things turned around next year.

There will definitely be a greater pressure to perform well next season. Your stadium will never look good if it's empty or not packed.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
What time table are we looking at? Several more years I imagine. 1 off season to get the lower bowl constructed. Another off season for the second tier (assuming that is part of the plan). 1 off season to plan this all out. Construction beginning after next year's regular season is over?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I would like to take this moment to acknowledge Bobcats. Im sure he's loving today, wherever he is.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What time table are we looking at? Several more years I imagine. 1 off season to get the lower bowl constructed. Another off season for the second tier (assuming that is part of the plan). 1 off season to plan this all out. Construction beginning after next year's regular season is over?

They say 2015.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006

Said 2015 if possible with construction starting after next season ends.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
One thing I kind of wondered about at the Ice Bowl, current end zone bleachers had some of the worst attendance in the stadium, other than section J, which had no one. Wasn't sure if people moved to better seats or what, but it seemed like you might get some of the worst wind coming right at you in the south end zone.

I usually sit in the endzone but instead sat with my brother on the west side for this one. Yes, the weather has something to do with it. Wouldn't have happened if Mrs. Velo and my brother's wife both decided they were smarter than us and were going to stay warm rather than be there for that game. Of course I had to go all in and tailgate from 1130 until 0130 with a few hours break for the game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Jamie said they are shooting for opening by start of 2015 season. That would mean breaking ground immediately after the end of the 2014 season. It is aggressive to be sure, but shoot for the stars and if all goes reasonably well you just might make it.